Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't Connect Amazon Echo or Echo Dot To New Orbi Wifi..Help!

GlobalPhenom
Initiate

If you go to advanced wireless settings and uncheck the ax mode, the echos will connect properly.
Message 26 of 30
GlobalPhenom
Initiate

I had this same problem. When you log in to orbilogin.com, click the advanced tab, click on setup, click on wireless set up, un check Enable AX, apply changes, unplug router, wait 30 seconds, plug router back in, echos will connects without issue.
Message 27 of 30
molson1020
Aspirant

I too recently bought the new wifi 6 router system and I am confused; didn't I just pay $700 for the AX features? Wouldn't disabling this just simply make it a non-wifi 6 router? I did try this solution and sure enough, it let me connect, but then I switched it back and it would no longer connect.

Help me understand if disabling AX does not impact performance?

Message 28 of 30
Mikey94025
Hero

@molson1020 wrote:

I too recently bought the new wifi 6 router system and I am confused; didn't I just pay $700 for the AX features? Wouldn't disabling this just simply make it a non-wifi 6 router? I did try this solution and sure enough, it let me connect, but then I switched it back and it would no longer connect.

Help me understand if disabling AX does not impact performance?

Yes, it's not ideal for you to disable AX on your new AX router and will impact performance for wifi 6 devices (like iPhone 11 Pro).  Instead, first try setting CTS/RTS to 2347 in Advanced...Wireless Settings at http://orbilogin.com/start.htm  This fixes some wireless compatibility issues with the Orbi AX.

See the Orbi AX forums for other threads specific to the AX systems: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Message 29 of 30
Fullerdh
Aspirant

New Netgrear AC1200 with 3 satellites. Connected easily with Satellites, TVs, phones and iPads. Cannot connect with Alexia Ehco Dot. Get a message saying that my password is incorrect.  What gives?

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7