Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Connect to SAP on Company VPN since installing ORBI

RobLaRu
Aspirant

Can't Connect to SAP on Company VPN since installing ORBI

I work from home. Prior to installing this Orbi router, I would connect to my company VPN, then connect to SAP. Since installing this router. I can still connect to the VPN and all other services work. SAP seems to be the only service I cannot reach. I get a cant reach authority, Secure Network Connection error. If I take my laptop into the company and connect to the network there, both wired and WiFi, everything works. The only problem is at home since installing the Orbi router.

I don't want to go into the office everyday. I need some assistance. 

I have explored this with our IT folks, they've reimaged my laptop and upgraded to the latest client. Still no go. 

Thanks in advance. 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
RobLaRu
Aspirant

Re: Can't Connect to SAP on Company VPN since installing ORBI

Put computer in DMZ, still no joy. Uninstalled Orbi, installed new Eero wifi router, Now I can get on SAP. So goodbye Orbi, hello Eero!

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

If you are not the only person connecting from home, maybe the company IT people have "seen this before"?

Could you please describe what the Orbi is connected to?  (brand and model number).

Message 2 of 9
RobLaRu
Aspirant

IT is involved, they have re-imaged my laptop and upgraded the client. They have not seen this before. The Orbi is connected to a Netgear CM700 modem. 

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Not a long term solution, however what happens if you put your VPN PC into the Orbi's DMZ then try to connect to the remote VPN? 

Is the PC wired or wireless connected to the Orbi? 

Message 4 of 9
RobLaRu
Aspirant

Wireless connection. How would I put it in DMZ? 

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Find the IP address for the PC on the RBR and input this IP address in to the DMZ...

Message 6 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

On the Orbi web interface, select the Advanced Tab->Setup->WAN Setup

At the top of the page is a box to enter the IP address of one device.  The Orbi will forward every packet that comes in to this device.  The typical use of DMZ is for things like web servers.  With a strong Windows firewall, most of the junk should bounce off.

Message 7 of 9
RobLaRu
Aspirant

Put computer in DMZ, still no joy. Uninstalled Orbi, installed new Eero wifi router, Now I can get on SAP. So goodbye Orbi, hello Eero!

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Sorry Orbi didn't work for you. 

Good Luck. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation