Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Print to Wired Printer from other Orbi Satellites

pmauro
Aspirant

Can't Print to Wired Printer from other Orbi Satellites

I have an Brother HL-3140CW laser printer conencted to an orbi satellite via USB in my office. If I am in another part of the house, I can't print to it. To get to to work, I need to go next to the satellite in my office, turn off the WiFi on my mac, turn it back on and then I can print. I just did a firmware check and it's running the latest.

Is there a way to make it work from anywhere in the house? I am not sure why the printer would not be available everywhere.

As an aside, I can only access the setup page or use the orbi app when I am next to the RBR50.

This is how my setup looks:

Blank Diagram Lucidchart 2018-10-14 23-02-52.png

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't Print to Wired Printer from other Orbi Satellites

Your printer seems to have wireless abilities:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/spec.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl3140cw_us_eu

Have you tried connecting it via wireless to the Orbi? 

Message 2 of 8
pmauro
Aspirant

Yes but I was having issues (can't remember details, it was a while ago) so I went with a wired connection to try to simplify troubleshooting.
Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure your PCs printer driver is correctly configured to print to the IP address the printer gets from the Orbi system. Check to see if the printer has a IP address from the router. 

Connect the printer directly to the Orbi router and test printing. 

Message 4 of 8
pmauro
Aspirant

I have a Mac and I don't see any way to get that kind of info in OSX.

Here is the info from the printer though.

IMG_20181022_140241.jpg

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Log into the Orbi' Web page using Safari browser and look to see if the printer is listed under Connected Devices. 

Besure that the printer is set up correctly in OSX for the right driver and IP address of the printer. Refer to the printers Mfr support site for help and information regarding this. 

Message 6 of 8
pmauro
Aspirant

When I look at attached devices, there is only 1 connected satellite shown. It is missing the one in my office that connects to the printer.

So maybe this is related to the other problem I had which I have not been able to fix. You were helping me with that as well. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/How-do-you-set-up-an-Orbi-Satellite-via-Ethernet/m-p/1584457#M...

jtJFkJ4dPsziTXZvPsAS2NoLX63rHM

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Firmware-2-2-1-210-and-connection-problems-Skybell/m-p/1649275...

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7