Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Update Orbi Satellite Firmware

simonsl8er
Aspirant

Can't Update Orbi Satellite Firmware

Hi,

I'm trying to downdate the firmware on my Orbi RBR50 and RBS50 router and satellite to v2.0.1.4 but following the instructions for the satellite upgrade I get a pop up window with the below error when clicking on "update"

<html><head><meta http-equiv='Pragma' content='no-cache'><meta http-equiv='Cache-Control' content='no-cache'><title> 401 Authorization</title>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
function cancelevent()
{
	top.location.href='/unauth.cgi';
}
</script>
</head><body onload=cancelevent()></body></html>

It won't let me progress any further - have tried in Chrome and Safari.  Any ideas?! 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't Update Orbi Satellite Firmware

MIght see if you can factory reset the Satellite and just let it sync. If it comes to ready, Connect ethernet to the back of the Satellite and access with FF this time and see if it will downgrade. 

Besure you have the right version for your model. 

Unpack the .zip files as well. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you downgrade the Satellite first before downgrading the router? 

Try using FF browser. 

Is this on a Mac? 

Besure your connected to the satellite with a ethernet cable to the back. 

Clear all browser caches before entering into the devices web page then clear again after sending the file. 

Message 2 of 5
simonsl8er
Aspirant

Hi, yes this is on mac.  Have tried via cable, no difference and also with FF browser

Haven't attempted router yet.  Satellite is on ver 2.1.1.16 and router is on 2.1.1.18 - trying to get them both onto the same version as I think the router has auto updated at some point

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

MIght see if you can factory reset the Satellite and just let it sync. If it comes to ready, Connect ethernet to the back of the Satellite and access with FF this time and see if it will downgrade. 

Besure you have the right version for your model. 

Unpack the .zip files as well. 

Message 4 of 5
simonsl8er
Aspirant

Yep. That's sorted it. Thanks
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation