Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't access Admin Panel of Netgear Orbi Router Model: RBR40

Minya
Aspirant

Can't access Admin Panel of Netgear Orbi Router Model: RBR40

I am trying to log into the admin section of Netgear Orbi but I get the pic attached in this post. My setup is as follows: 1. Netcomm Modem NC18ACV which is connected to Orbi network via LAN. 2. I have disabled wifi on the Netcomm modem and use Netgear Orbi to manage all wireless connections. 3. In my list of wifi connections I see the Orbi network and can connect to it via Wi-Fi and have several successfully connected devices. Once setup has completed after initial setup all that I see when I put in orbilogin.net very basic information in the attached pic. I have done an IP scan but I cannot seem to find access to the ‘real’ admin panel where I can see whats connected as well as other helpful statistics and I would also like to change password but again, I can’t access a true admin page. ***I should also point out when I did a soft reset I momentarily saw the admin and all network statistics. Please help as this is driving me crazy :/( Minya.
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Yes, when you look for "orbilogin.net", you are being directed to the satellite, not the router.  The trick is to determine the IP address of the router itself.  When you do a nework IP scan, one of the devices has to be the Orbi router.  If not sure which one it is, simply point your web browser at each IP address until you hit the router.

There is a very good chance that the Netcomm is a "router" in addition to being a modem.  (If it provided WiFi, it is almost 100% certain to be a router.)  Is the Orbi set up as a "router" or as an "Access Point" (AP)?  If both the Netcomm and the Orbi are set up as routers, there can lead to problems in the future with specific applications.  The general advice is to have only one router.

Message 2 of 4
Minya
Aspirant

Hi Crimpon, thanks for your helpful tips. When accessing the orbi GUI the default page is: 192.168.x.x/index.htm.

For a list of connected devices it abbreviates to 192.168.x.x/DevDevice.htm. Do you know of any other combinations that will provide me with access to the admin pages so p/w's can be changed? e.g. 192.16.x.x/PW_Password.htm or similar?

Regards

Minya

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@Minya wrote:

Hi Crimpon, thanks for your helpful tips. When accessing the orbi GUI the default page is: 192.168.x.x/index.htm.

Yes, exactly.  Orbi's "home page" is /index.htm.  Once on that page, all of the options are selected by clicking on them.

Perhaps what is happening is when you connect to index.htm is is asking for a password and you do not know the password?

(the administrator ID is always "admin", and the password is whatever it was set to when the Orbi was set up.  From the factory, it is set to "password", but users are highly encouraged to change it to something less obvious.)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7