Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access dlna server from orbi

mike_bsqt
Aspirant

Can't access dlna server from orbi

Hi all,

This is my first message to the community. First of all, I want to say that I am very satisfied with my ORBI system. 

It is a RBK 2323 one (One router + 2 Satellites). I have only installed one satellite (+ router) and it is enough to cover my whole house.

However I am experiencing an issue that I don't know how to solve. First of all my config :

- The ORBI router is connected to my existing router (Freebox) by wire.

My Freebox router local network is 192.168.1.x (Wifi is disabled)

My Orbi network is 10.0.0.1 

- I use One satellite

- UPnP is enabled in ORBI advanced configuration

- I have a Plex Server connected to my Freebox router with DLNA Service enabled 

- I have a TV Box connected to the freebox.

My problem is that I can't see the DLNA Server on my wifi devices.

I can see the DLNA Server on my TV Box (on 192.168.1.x network).

I tried to install DLNA Server on one of my wifi device (laptop) and of course this time I can see the DLNA Server on all wifi connected devices.

I  tried to install another DLNA Server (miniDLNA) on my server and as for Plex I can only see it on my TV box (not acessible from 10.0.0.x network).

Maybe, I need to configure something in ORBI router (port forwarding or anything) but I don't see what.

Note that I found some related topics in the forum but they all end with contacting support so I did not have the end of the stories !

Thanks for your help,

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: Can't access dlna server from orbi

@SW_ wrote:

DLNA doesn't work well with Double-NAT setup.  You can try switching Orbi to AP Mode.

...and to be more specific.

• Double NAT may cause problems with online games, configuring port forwarding/triggering, or accessing secure sites with SSL...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

DLNA doesn't work well with Double-NAT setup.  You can try switching Orbi to AP Mode.

Message 2 of 5
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@SW_ wrote:

...and to be more specific.

• Double NAT may cause problems with online games, configuring port forwarding/triggering, or accessing secure sites with SSL...
Message 3 of 5
mike_bsqt
Aspirant

@SW_ Thanks it worked !

I can know see my DLNA Server. I configured ORBI in AP Mode as you suggested. Obviously, all my devices at home are now on the same network which is much more convenient. I must admit I installed the ORBI system without checking the configuration and I didn't pay attention since it worked direclty out of the box.

Anyway thank you very much for your help and have a great new year's eve ! 

Message 4 of 5
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@mike_bsqt wrote:

@SW_ Thanks it worked !

I can know see my DLNA Server. I configured ORBI in AP Mode as you suggested. Obviously, all my devices at home are now on the same network which is much more convenient. I must admit I installed the ORBI system without checking the configuration and I didn't pay attention since it worked direclty out of the box.

Anyway thank you very much for your help and have a great new year's eve ! 

Thank you.

You're welcome and happy new year!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7