Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access router with phone app or web browser 0RBR40

PeatyR
Aspirant

Can't access router with phone app or web browser 0RBR40

For some reason this week I've been unable to access any of the settings on my RBR40 Mesh system.  I have the latest Firmware Version 2.7. 3.22 and it's been working fine.  I have the router and 3 satellites which are still working fine near as I can tell. 

When I run the Orbi App on my android phone when it tries to hook up to the router is says Unable to connect to router, reconnect. This is hooked up to the WiFi or using mobile data.  It always worked fine before, when try to access with my web browser (FF or Chrome)  I get "This Site Can't Be Reached"  This is with the Default IP with a PC both wired to the router or on the wifi.  Has anyone had this issue?  Ideas on how to access the system again?  

TIA,

~peaty

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
PeatyR
Aspirant

Re: Can't access router with phone app or web browser 0RBR40

Just to follow up.  After the thanksgiving holiday after everyone staying left, I rebooted the router by cycling the power.  I'm glad I waited until everyone had left. The router (RBR40) would not boot up again.  No lights at the top, only a green power light. I tried everything to get it going again that I could find in the forums.  I even tried to reflash with a direct cable but it would not go into flash mode.   I went to BB and got an RBR50 and the satellites are back compatible.    Not what I was hoping for but I'm at least up and running again.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
PeatyR
Aspirant

Re: Can't access router with phone app or web browser 0RBR40

Just to follow up.  After the thanksgiving holiday after everyone staying left, I rebooted the router by cycling the power.  I'm glad I waited until everyone had left. The router (RBR40) would not boot up again.  No lights at the top, only a green power light. I tried everything to get it going again that I could find in the forums.  I even tried to reflash with a direct cable but it would not go into flash mode.   I went to BB and got an RBR50 and the satellites are back compatible.    Not what I was hoping for but I'm at least up and running again.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7