Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't add satelite to router after ssid change - sync fail

Resuu
Aspirant

Can't add satelite to router after ssid change - sync fail

Router Firmware Version
V2.3.5.30

After I changed the name of SSID in main router I lost satelite connection. I wanted to repair it but it's didn't work.

I tried many option:

1. I tried to just pressed sync button

2. I puted satelite closer and sync

it didin't work so i removed present satelite from software and then:

3. I reseted satelite and try to sync it by 'Add Orbi Satellite' option many times

tried to sync in Android aplication many times and browser aplication many times.

Sometimes final is that 'Satellite setup failed' then I reset satelite and try to sync again and again.

Sometimes efect is : 'satelite setup sucess' but it still isn't present as satelite in device option and the light is violet. I tried to do it many times.

In this process distance between router and satelite is about 50 cm

I'll try to reset all devices - router and satelite and configure it as new but this problem takes me all day work and you need to know about it. That's so annoying

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Resuu
Aspirant

Re: Can't add satelite to router after ssid change - sync fail

I am going to reset all devices (router and satellite) tonight and configure it as new one. If you have any idea what can I do before this time-consuming process, please let me know.
It's crazy that changins the name of SSID can make this kind of problems. Man Tongue

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Resuu
Aspirant

Re: Can't add satelite to router after ssid change - sync fail

I am going to reset all devices (router and satellite) tonight and configure it as new one. If you have any idea what can I do before this time-consuming process, please let me know.
It's crazy that changins the name of SSID can make this kind of problems. Man Tongue

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7