Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect all our devices to our ORBI RBR20-

NoanieDoug
Follower

Can't connect all our devices to our ORBI RBR20-

We switched to TING Fiber Optic network from Xfinity and have had many problems. Finally, after weeks, we got our Apple devices on but still cant get our Microsoft devices on. Im ready to junk my Orbi and buy a new router. Can anyone help...and we're not great working with technology.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't connect all our devices to our ORBI RBR20-

What the orbi working prior to the ISP switch? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What other changes do you make when you switched ISPs? Any configurations on the Orbi system? 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Can't connect all our devices to our ORBI RBR20-

@NoanieDoug wrote:

We switched to TING Fiber Optic network from Xfinity and have had many problems. Finally, after weeks, we got our Apple devices on but still cant get our Microsoft devices on. Im ready to junk my Orbi and buy a new router. Can anyone help...and we're not great working with technology.

Tiny does not provide much information on their web site (besides "we're wonderful"), although they do list Netgear Orbi as a recommended WiFi router:

https://help.ting.com/hc/en-us/articles/220804967-Highly-Rated-3rd-Party-802-11ax-routers 

It is unlikely Ting would recommend Orbi if it was known not to work on their network.

When most people change Internet Service Providers (ISP's), nothing must be done to their WiFi systems except turn them off, connect to the new ISP device, and turn them back on again. The WiFi name (SSID) and password will remain the same and all devices will continue to connect to WiFi and use the internet. There should be no difference between Apple, Microsoft, or any other device.  If it supplies the correct WiFi password, it should connect.  When I change WiFi routers, all 40-odd devices in my house connect immediately, iPad's, laptops, printer, thermostat, security cameras, smart speakers, etc.

@FURRYe38 is right to ask exactly what Ting installed. They promote their own WiFi solution (by Zyxel which does not appear on their list of recommended WiFi routers - oh, dear).

As an editorial opinion, rather than consider junking the WiFi router, I would be calling Ting support and  suggesting it might be time to go back to Xfinity (and bad mouth Ting on Nextdoor - or whatever community FaceBook group you have).  It seems like a poor installation practice to walk off without verifying that the customer has service.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7