Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect my device

ME23
Tutor

Can't connect my device

I have an air filter that is app controlled via my Android phone and it will NOT connect to my Orbi RBR40. I haven't had problems with any other device and I was able to connet to the air filter when I went to another location and used their network. However, the air filter is network-specific so I couldn't just connect it to the app then come home and use it unfortunately. I have to figure out why it won't connect to my home network.

I tried turning off security and connecting that way but it still didn't work.

One point to note is that the Orbi app isn't working any more. I have version 2.2.8.490. The app opens but stalls on the splash screen. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and was able to open the app once, but now it's not working again. Not sure if these 2 issues are related but thought I'd mention it. 

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 and Verison just pushed 2 updates in the last couple weeks.  I did go by my Verison store and they confirmed that the updates installed successfully. 

At this point since I was able to successfully connect to the air filter on another network I can rule out the filter and my phone as the problem. It appears to be something about the router but I have no idea what....Any suggestions welcome.

I'm NOT network savvy so please give any suggestions in very simple terms. Thank you!

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
st_shaw
Master

Re: Can't connect my device

You could try to temporarily disable broadcast of the 5 GHz SSID during device setup.  This is under Advanced, Advanced Setup, Wireless Settings on the Orbi web interface.

Message 2 of 6
AdrianM
Tutor

What make/model is the Air filter device? I just installed an Orbi network and found some IoT gadgets that simply won't connnect or stay connected.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try setting manual channel on 2.4ghz to 1, 6 or 11. 

Try this:

Advanced Wireless Settings both 2.4GHz and 5GHz changed CTS/RTS Threshold to 2307.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR40-RBS40-V2-1-4-16-mesh-network-drops-connection-to/m-...
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Have-to-keep-rebooting-my-RBR50/m-p/1658603/highlight/false#M4...
Change the CTR/RTS threshold values for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz (2341 and 2345 respectively), changed preamble modes to long preamble, and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only.

@ME23 wrote:

I have an air filter that is app controlled via my Android phone and it will NOT connect to my Orbi RBR40. I haven't had problems with any other device and I was able to connet to the air filter when I went to another location and used their network. However, the air filter is network-specific so I couldn't just connect it to the app then come home and use it unfortunately. I have to figure out why it won't connect to my home network.

I tried turning off security and connecting that way but it still didn't work.

One point to note is that the Orbi app isn't working any more. I have version 2.2.8.490. The app opens but stalls on the splash screen. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and was able to open the app once, but now it's not working again. Not sure if these 2 issues are related but thought I'd mention it. 

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 and Verison just pushed 2 updates in the last couple weeks.  I did go by my Verison store and they confirmed that the updates installed successfully. 

At this point since I was able to successfully connect to the air filter on another network I can rule out the filter and my phone as the problem. It appears to be something about the router but I have no idea what....Any suggestions welcome.

I'm NOT network savvy so please give any suggestions in very simple terms. Thank you!

Message 4 of 6
ME23
Tutor

Thanks, ya'll! I was able to connect my 2 iAdapt Air units to the router finally.

I unplugged the 2 satelight units and was able to connect the small unit but the medium still wouldn't connect. So using the tips you gave me I was able to figure out how to disable 5G. Still the medium wouldn't connect. 

So I turned off wifi on my phone, then back on to establish a fresh connection to the router (since I'd changed settings), and reset the iAdapt by turning the unit off then holding down the Smart button until the green and red lights flashed. Then I was able to connect the unit to the router.

I'm still not able to resend the confirmation email from the app though. Keep getting a notification that I need to check my network connect and try again. Any ideas on that one??

Thank you!!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got them connected. 

Remove the app then reboot mobile device then re-install app and try again.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7