Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect to Apple Music via orbit

Adamc104
Aspirant

Can't connect to Apple Music via orbit

Hi can someone help? I have recently installed an orbi mesh system, connected to my spectrum router. I can access th einternet but not apple music or download from the app store. Any ideas how to solve this?

Adam

Message 1 of 5

Re: Can't connect to Apple Music via orbit

@Adamc104 wrote:

Hi can someone help? I have recently installed an orbi mesh system, connected to my spectrum router.

Does that mean that you have two routers on the same network?

@Adamc104 wrote:

I can access th einternet but not apple music or download from the app store.

Connect how? What happens when you try?

Message 2 of 5
Adamc104
Aspirant

Yes the is a spectrum supplied modem, which is then plugged via an ethernet cable into a spectrum wifi router, I have then plugged my orbi into that wifi router. I have also tried bypassing the spectrum router but had the same issue.

Message 3 of 5

@Adamc104 wrote:

Yes the is a spectrum supplied modem, which is then plugged via an ethernet cable into a spectrum wifi router, I have then plugged my orbi into that wifi router. I have also tried bypassing the spectrum router but had the same issue.

So, you have two routers.

What is the spectrum wifi router? The model number.

You may have to put the Orbi into wireless access point mode it you want to avoid local addressing issues.

Or you could remove the spectrum router and connect the Orbi to the modem.

It might also help people if you told them the modem number of your Orbi system.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

@Adamc104 wrote:

Hi can someone help? I have recently installed an orbi mesh system, connected to my spectrum router. I can access th einternet but not apple music or download from the app store. Any ideas how to solve this?

Adam

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7