Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect to Orbi

MarkRamos
Aspirant

Can't connect to Orbi

I just switched to AT&T Fiber and was given a BGW320 Modem/Gateway. Looking up the recommended config, I've disabled the wifi radios on the BGW320 and enabled IP passthrough with DHCPS-Fixed selected, choosing my RBR750 as the passthrough Mac Address.

That worked great for about 6 hours and the Orbi was accessible via the app and at 10.0.0.1. Then the internet went down for a few minutes, and after it came back up, I could no longer connect to the Orbi from the IP or from the app.

Anyone have an idea how to reconnect to Orbi, and once I do, what settings I need to adjust so this doesn't happen again?

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Can't connect to Orbi

Att's devices are a struggle bus for passthrough mode. Try leaving it in router mode and setting the netgears IP address into the att's DMZ. 

Message 2 of 6
NCoastJack
Initiate

There's an outage affecting the app & webadmin for the RBR750 and RBR850 models.

Started last week. They said a fix was coming in 48 hours...twice now. I'm still waiting.

Fortunately my existing network is working but my new satellite is not because I cannot complete the setup.

Fixes are either factory reset everything - or wait until they push their fix out.

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Have you tried using the sybc button method? (look in user manual)
Message 4 of 6
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi MarkRamos,

Please navigate to the link below for additional information on the progression of this issue. 

Resolution status page:

https://status.netgear.com/

The forum update page:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/RBR850-We-can-t-find-your-Orbi/m-p/2220651/highlight/true#...

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 5 of 6
MarkRamos
Aspirant

Thank you for the explanation. All of you.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7