Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect wired computer to wifi printer on Orbi RBK13 network

nashville_bill
Aspirant

Can't connect wired computer to wifi printer on Orbi RBK13 network

I have installed an Orbi RBK13 mesh system in my home and have connected my wifi devices, including my Epson printer, to the Orbi system. I can print from my wifi (Orbi) connected laptop, but I can't print from my Ethernet connected desktop computer. When I search for my printer on my desktop computer, the printer isn't found. I assume that is because the printer is on the Orbi network and my computer is on my Ethernet network, but I can't figure out how to make this work. I've ltried manually entering the IP address of the printer, but that didn't work.

I would appreciate any help with this problem.

Thanks,

Nashville_Bill

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't connect wired computer to wifi printer on Orbi RBK13 network

Does the printer support ethernet connection to a router? If so, try connecting the printer to the router and setup and point the printer drivers to the IP address that the printer gets from the router.

Reivew the mfrs setup information for setting up there router. 

Contact the printers mfr for help and support regarding there product. 

Message 2 of 4
nashville_bill
Aspirant

I know the IP address of the printer, at least the IP address the printer thinks it has, and the printer works from my laptop at that IP address. I just can't see the printer from my desktop that is connected via the Ethernet to my cable modem.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Move the ethernet connected PC from the modem to the RBR. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7