Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't enable Daisy-chain

jesusrop
Aspirant

Can't enable Daisy-chain

Hi,

after the update to las firmware version my ORBI's have been unstable. Today i tried to fix the whole thing and to my surpirse daisy-chain is disabled. In my current setup daisy-chain is a must as the router has to be in the basement.

In satellyteip/debug.htm i see a checkbox to disable daisy-chain which is ticked and disabled (i can't change the value). it does not change regardless of what I do in the router daisy-chain checkbox.

Is there a way to force daisy-chain to be enabled again? Maybe through telnet?

Thank you!

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't enable Daisy-chain

What Firmware is currently loaded?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Daisy chain is controlloed by the RBR, not the RBS. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

@jesusrop wrote:

Hi,

after the update to las firmware version my ORBI's have been unstable. Today i tried to fix the whole thing and to my surpirse daisy-chain is disabled. In my current setup daisy-chain is a must as the router has to be in the basement.

In satellyteip/debug.htm i see a checkbox to disable daisy-chain which is ticked and disabled (i can't change the value). it does not change regardless of what I do in the router daisy-chain checkbox.

Thank you!

Message 2 of 8
jesusrop
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm in a 3 story house. Each story is 60m2 (i guess 700 sqft).

Router is in the basement and can only be placed there

Satellite 1 is just above the router

Satellite 2 is 2 stories up, and in the other corner (so around 10 meters in horizontal and 6 in vertical). Is certainly too far away for a direct conection.

All units have latest 2.3.1.60. I tried yesterday also with 2.2.1.210 with no changes.

In http://satellite.ip.address/debug=htm i see a ticked checkbox that disables daisichain (see attached image). It is disabled, so I can't uncheck it.

In the router, I tried Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings/Enable Daisy-Chain Topology . The router restarts and I restart the satellites but they both connect directly to the router again no matter what is the status of the checkbox. In this condition, connection to satellite 2 is slow and unstable.

Message 3 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

Asuming that everything is back on the current firmware release, it may be necessary to "forget" and resync satellite 2.  i.e. Turn it off, go to Attached Devices and use the button to Delete the satellite.  Then, turn it back on and sync it again.  This time, it should sync to the stronger signal from Satellite 1.

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

"Satellite 1 is just above the router" What is the distance between the RBS and router? 

Try a factory reset on the 2nd RBS as re-add it, if the suggestions from CrimpOn fail...

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progess on this? 

@jesusrop wrote:

Hi,

Thank you!

Message 6 of 8
jesusrop
Aspirant

Hi,
The distance from router to satellite-1 is 3 meters in vertical (it is one story above, in the same position).

2 days ago I factory reset all 3 devices and applied all the configuration manually from scrap (I did the same but restoring configuration from a Backup and didn't work). It has been working quite well since then, but I'm still wqtching it.

Thank you!
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

3 meters to too close, try 10 meters. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation