Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't enable remote access in Genie app

Ctslider
Star

Can't enable remote access in Genie app

I have the latest firmware on my Orbi system and the newest version of the genie app .  When I try to enable remote access in the app it tells me that remote access is not supported by this router.f

Message 1 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Can't enable remote access in Genie app

Hello Ctslider

Have you tried to enable it with www.orbilogin.net and then go to Advanced-Advanced Setup-Remote Management?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 10
msickles
Tutor

I am experiencing the same issue.  Even if I go to the 'Advanced Settings', it does not reflect the change and is limited in its functionality.

.mws

IMG_0415.PNG

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello msickles 

Try going to the full desktop site when in the orbi settings then try to enable the remote managment.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 10
msickles
Tutor

Think that you missed the line in my reply where that was attempted.  The remote access is enabled--however it does not reflect properly in the Genie app--so there is a disconnect.

.mws.

Message 5 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello msickles 

Oh ok I understand what you are saying now I will look into this if its is some type of bug with the app or if its a issue on the router side.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 10
msickles
Tutor

Something that may be related is the 'Network Map' and the discovery on the Orbi.

When I go into the Orbi-app, there is no visibility to the other nodes.  You can see '0' devices on the 'Orbi' app and then there is the 'Genie' app that is the configuration element.

If I had to take a guess, there is some deterministic element of the app-side that is not seeing the broadcast-nodes that are part of the configuration.  While the 'remote' is not registering, neither is the local.

So between the  'Orbi' app and the 'Genie' app, there is a bit of disconnect.

Overall the box is working fine and am sure that the version and functionality will 'catch-up'.

.mws.

Message 7 of 10
Woofter70
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same issue msickles on my c6300. It would be nice to reboot remotely since my 2.4 ghz band keeps dropping daily.
Message 8 of 10
sdbartlett
Aspirant

I was wondering if you have an update on this issue as I'm have the same complaint?

Thanks

Scott

Message 9 of 10
Ctslider
Star

No, still hasn't been fixed
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 kudos