Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't get Epson DS-560 connect to Orbi RBK23

Jschnorr
Aspirant

Can't get Epson DS-560 connect to Orbi RBK23

Hi,

I just switched to the Netgear Orbi RBR23 system. Works great. However I can get my Epson DS-560 scanner working. Neither using a Mac or Windows 10 PC.

I am using the Epson Netconfig Tool. Epson Scanner is directly conneted via WIFI with my notebook. When it comes to selecting the "real" WIFI which the scanner should work it does not show up. My old WIFI does show up. 

I think it is related to the fact that the 2.4GHZ is on channel 13. And it must be below 11. Is there a way I can force Orbi to be below 11?

Or any other suggestion?

BR

Juergen

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Can't get Epson DS-560 connect to Orbi RBK23

You're probably correct on the channel selection being the issue. I take it your not in the states? US its channels 1-11 so your printer might be setup for US wifi. 

here's the instructions on changing wifi channels. Once you've got your printer connected via wifi, i'd go into your lan address reservations and reserve that IP address for the printer.

https://kb.netgear.com/000046309/How-do-I-change-the-WiFi-network-name-and-channel-for-the-admin-net...

https://kb.netgear.com/25722/How-do-I-reserve-an-IP-address-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Message 2 of 7
Jschnorr
Aspirant

Hi Plemany,

Thx for your quick reply. Correct I am living in Europe/Germany and the region of the Orbi is set to Europe.

If I do what you are suggesting and as soon as I have my scanner connected. Can or should I go then back to 2.4GHz Channel and select auto?

BR

Juergen

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

I would do a wireless scan and see what channel is the best and just set it there. Try to use channels 1-6-11.

I figure the printer must be set on US settings and unable to use channels 12,13 so if you go back to auto and the orbi switches to those, the printer will drop off the network. 

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

Only reason I mentioned the wifi printer reservation is that it keeps the printer from switching to a different IP address during random power outage, lease expirations, etc. That way once its installed to a computer, it usually just works. Otherwise you're having to reinstall it to your computer whenever it changes IP addresses.  

Message 5 of 7
Jschnorr
Aspirant

Thx again. Final question. Hopefully. If I would go to the Advanced Wif settings on the Orbi setup page there is a under advanced settings (at the bottom) Wireless Configuration. There I can choose a region. Currently it is set to Europe. If I switch it there to US it should work as well? This way I would the access point choose the channel which would be best. Correct?

Scanner is from the US. Moved just back from NC to Germany. I already had to give up on my Google Wifi - they did not pair with the European version....

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

I would leave it set to europe like you have it. Setting your wifi channel instead of leaving it on auto isn't a big issue and keeps you from any regulatory problems. 🙂 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7