Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't get Orbi to work with Circle

tcander
Aspirant

Can't get Orbi to work with Circle

I have Android 8.1.0 and I can't get Orbi to work with Circle.  I open Circle app and click "Get Started".  It says make sure you are connected to your router, which I am.  So I click Next.  Then it says that your firmware is out of date (which it is not!!!!).  So it asks if I would like to update the firmware and gives to choices to the question:

Yes Please or No Thanks.  If I choose no thanks, it stops the whole thing as if I did not want circle at all.  If I choose "Yes Please", it gives me a login prompt for my router credentials, which I put in.

Then it says "Updating Firmware .... take a break this will take a few minutes".

After a long time, it then says:  "Reconnect to your router .. Return to the Wi-Fi settins on this Android device and connect back to <myssid>.  When you return here, we'll enable circle on your router. " But I am already on the orbi's ssid.  So then I click Next.

Then it says "Enabling Circle .... This will just take a moment.

Then it says the same thing as before "Reconnect to your router .. Return to the Wi-Fi settins on this Android device and connect back to <myssid>.  When you return here, we'll enable circle on your router. "   The "Next" button replaced with a non-clickable button that says "Logging In ..."

It stays there the rest of the time.

What is wrong?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't get Orbi to work with Circle

What FW version are you using?

Try setting up Circle on the router first with a PC and a web browser connected to the routers web page.

Message 2 of 9
tcander
Aspirant

My firmware version is:

V2.0.1.4

model rbk50

I do not see any way of setting up circle via the web interface.

how do I do it that way?

Message 3 of 9
raven_au
Virtuoso

@tcander wrote:

My firmware version is:

V2.0.1.4

model rbk50

I do not see any way of setting up circle via the web interface.

how do I do it that way?

I believe Circle is implemented in the recent Orbi 2.1 updates, it wasn't yet included in 2.0.

Message 4 of 9
tcander
Aspirant

That is odd.  I guess there is a newer update on the website.  But I have refreshed the updates via my router's web console and it said there were no new updates:

RouterRBR50RBR50V2.0.1.4No new firmware version available.
SatelliteRBS50RBS50V2.0.1.4No new firmware version available.

I guess I have to manually update it?

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I think you'll find what you need here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/circle.aspx

If you still can't get this going, I would phone contact NG support.

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes you have to manually download the files from NG support site if you want to use v2.1.3.4. Needs to factory reset the router and satellite after updating FW then set up from scratch. I would use IE11 or FF browsers to do this.

Please be wire cable connected to the router and satellite when updating FW.

@tcander wrote:

That is odd.  I guess there is a newer update on the website.  But I have refreshed the updates via my router's web console and it said there were no new updates:

RouterRBR50RBR50V2.0.1.4No new firmware version available.
SatelliteRBS50RBS50V2.0.1.4No new firmware version available.

I guess I have to manually update it?

Message 7 of 9
raven_au
Virtuoso

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Yes you have to manually download the files from NG support site if you want to use v2.1.3.4. Needs to factory reset the router and satellite after updating FW then set up from scratch. I would use IE11 or FF browsers to do this.

When I go to the Netgear web site I see v2.1.3.4 as the current release but it seems others do not

or perhaps it's becuase it hasn't been enabled for automatic update?

In any case support seems to be unaware of the availability of the new version cuasing unproductive

exchanges.

Support really need to be aware of what engineering is doing or you may lose valuable infomation ....

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

It's enabled for some models. At any rate, it can be manually downloaded and installed.

Ya, Seems to be one hand not talking to the other. Smiley Frustrated

@raven_au wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

When I go to the Netgear web site I see v2.1.3.4 as the current release but it seems others do not

or perhaps it's becuase it hasn't been enabled for automatic update?

In any case support seems to be unaware of the availability of the new version cuasing unproductive

exchanges.

Support really need to be aware of what engineering is doing or you may lose valuable infomation ....

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7