Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't install WNDA3100

margieho
Aspirant

Can't install WNDA3100

Just bought the router and trying to install the app to my iphone ... not installing! I wonder if something wrong with my applie ID and tried downloading/installing another new app it worked. So it must be issue with the Orbi app. Did anyone else have the same issue and how this could be resolved? I know there is a support session but as I am getting 7 days products return from the retailer I don't want to register the product yet. 

Thanks!

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
hji
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks FURRYe38, but this is an app issue, not an issue with the Orbi router/satellite.

I can see you have already been involved in another posting about the same issue:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-iOS-app-unable-to-download-from-App-Store/m-p/1588856

There is now a growing number of people wth the same complaint. The app is faulty, not the Orbi.

I attempted a NetGear suport chat and the person involved was unable to replicate the problem on an iPhone, and she said Netgear would look into it further and get back to me; so far no further information has been received (in the last 48 hours), but clearly the problem is ongoing.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10

All Replies
hji
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem. Just purchased RBK50 system. Fantastic wifi, but completely unble to install the app on iPhone 6S or iPad. Never had this problem before with any other app. Unable to find any references on the web to this problem until I saw your post. Does anyone know if the app has recently been updated?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post here in this forum for help and information regarding your model router:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Wireless-N-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-wireless-n

Thank you.

@margieho wrote:

Just bought the router and trying to install the app to my iphone ... not installing! I wonder if something wrong with my applie ID and tried downloading/installing another new app it worked. So it must be issue with the Orbi app. Did anyone else have the same issue and how this could be resolved? I know there is a support session but as I am getting 7 days products return from the retailer I don't want to register the product yet. 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make a new post here in the Orbi router forum with your details and information regarding what your having problems with.

App is installed on my iPhone 6sP.

Thank you.

@hji wrote:

I have the same problem. Just purchased RBK50 system. Fantastic wifi, but completely unble to install the app on iPhone 6S or iPad. Never had this problem before with any other app. Unable to find any references on the web to this problem until I saw your post. Does anyone know if the app has recently been updated?

Message 4 of 10
margieho
Aspirant

Not sure how the "WNDA3100" popped up, my router model is a Netgear Orbi RBR40 that I just purchased. Anyway I don't see it is relating to the Orbi router but more about the Netgear Orbi apple app. I'm using both iphone 7 plus and 6S (both on the latest 11.4), neither of them worked.

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, so you might start from scratch and post details of what the issue is.

Do you have a PC that you can use to set up the Orbi system?

What Mfr and model# ISP modem is the Orbi connected too?

What FW is the Orbi loaded with currently?

@margieho wrote:

Not sure how the "WNDA3100" popped up, my router model is a Netgear Orbi RBR40 that I just purchased. Anyway I don't see it is relating to the Orbi router but more about the Netgear Orbi apple app. I'm using both iphone 7 plus and 6S (both on the latest 11.4), neither of them worked.

Message 6 of 10
hji
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks FURRYe38, but this is an app issue, not an issue with the Orbi router/satellite.

I can see you have already been involved in another posting about the same issue:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-iOS-app-unable-to-download-from-App-Store/m-p/1588856

There is now a growing number of people wth the same complaint. The app is faulty, not the Orbi.

I attempted a NetGear suport chat and the person involved was unable to replicate the problem on an iPhone, and she said Netgear would look into it further and get back to me; so far no further information has been received (in the last 48 hours), but clearly the problem is ongoing.

Cheers

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know.

@DarrenM

@hji wrote:

Cheers

Message 8 of 10
margieho
Aspirant

Thank you hji for sharing another thread about the same issue. I just looked it up saying it has been resolved today, I just tried and it is working now 🙂
Message 9 of 10
hji
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks. Confirm the app is now fixed and downloadable. Great to see that Netgear listen to the community.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7