Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't log in to netgear.com & GS108Tv3 since 7/9/19 ~9pm PST: "Something went wrong. Try again."

tuna_ertemalp
Luminary

Can't log in to netgear.com & GS108Tv3 since 7/9/19 ~9pm PST: "Something went wrong. Try again."

This started happening last night, and continuing to happen 12hrs+ later. Searching the COMMUNITY here for "Something went wrong. Try again." only resulted in one slightly useful thread that also was in this Orbi forum (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/quot-something-went-wrong-quot-error-when-trying-to-login/m-p/...) that first was dealt with privately via email from @Blanca_O to one customer, and then "cleared on it's own after waiting for a while" for another customer. I tried to find another thread that gave me any clues across all forums, or point me in the direction of some Netgear site maintenance happening last night, but to no avail. I sent the below email to customer.service@netgear.com, but still didn't get any response, including an acknowledgement or receipt. 

At this point:

(1) I cannot login to netgear.com (the main site; see my below email to Netgear support).

(2) I also cannot login to my new GS108Tv3 8-port Managed switch unless I use my ORBI's device access control feature to BLOCK it from the internet and therefore access it with the local password (when the switch is ALLOWED to be on the Internet, the managed behavior of it is to use my Netgear account to log on; no, I am NOT using it via Insight app, but via local LAN Web admin page since the Insight app is woefully limited in managing it). Yes, IGMP and Green stuff are both turned off on GS108Tv3.

(3) Also, my Orbi RBR50 has been dumping me on the Login page wayyyyyyyy frequently since this happened, both while on the Web admin page and while on the iOS app. Like, sometime 4-5+ times in a row, as if it is stuck in a loop of wanting to validate the "admin" account.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Please don't tell me to reset everything to factory. Literally NOTHING changed on the router last night and everything was working awesomely until about 9pm PST. My conclusion based on my observation is that either there is some problem with accounts.netgear.com or it doesn't want to let me log in without telling me why.

Here is the email I sent to Netgear for which I didn't get anything in return, yet(?):

"From: Tuna Ertemalp <tuna_ertemalp@hotmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 10:30 PM
To: customer.service@netgear.com
Subject: Can't log in to netgear.com since July 9th, 9pm Seattle time: "Something went wrong. Try again."

I was setting up my new Smart Managed switches, and all of a sudden I am not able to log in to the switch while it is connected to the Internet because it needs to be logged in with my Netgear account. But it is not only the switch that is having the problem. When I go to netgear.com and click SIGN IN under the "head icon" which redirects to https://accounts.netgear.com/login?redirectUrl=https:%2F%2Fstore.netgear.com%2Fon%2Fdemandware.store..., I am also not able to login. I keep getting a red banner saying "Something went wrong. Try again."

Strangely, if I go to COMMUNITY, there I can log in since it is not using accounts.netgear.com. Also, if I go to SUPPORT and then login, that works, too, since that also doesn't use accounts.netgear.com.

So, either there is some problem with accounts.netgear.com or it doesn't want to let me log in without telling me why. My registered email is tuna_ertemalp@hotmail.com, and the latest switch I have registered is Product: GS108Tv3
Serial Number: <redacted from this public forum>. I have many other switches registered under my account.

Please let me know what is going on ASAP. I have 9 more switches to install.

Tuna"

Thanks!
Tuna

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
tuna_ertemalp
Luminary

Re: Can't log in to netgear.com & GS108Tv3 since 7/9/19 ~9pm PST: "Something went wrong. Tr

Here is a copy/paste of progression of relevant parts of the conversation I had with support:

1) "We reported this already to the IT Team since they are the one who handle the accounts. We are confirming as well if it was already fixed."

2) "None so far. I am still waiting from the IT Team feedback about this. Will let you know once I got an update."

3) " I got an update now. The reason for this is because our system before have migrated to new system now. So other accounts was migrated to the new system causing the issue. I do apologize for the inconvenience it brings to you. That was the update I got from them."

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 13

All Replies
tuna_ertemalp
Luminary

Re: Can't log in to netgear.com & GS108Tv3 since 7/9/19 ~9pm PST: "Something went wrong. Tr

Attached a screenshot of the login denial, not that it is very useful.

Message 2 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Test the Orbi system with out this switch connected. 

Then test Orbi with the switch connected and disable ALL IGMP protocols ON this switch. 

If your having problems with this switch, please post about that over one the switch forum. 

I see this when trying to access accounts.netgear.com and I'm at work not using any NG products:

403 ERROR The request could not be satisfied.

Bad request. 

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: V3kqV9t2lZrQKpMC2YKjGuhqaWT21d2kxfOH0yB69J5CdlYiCBAdNQ==

Does this work for you?

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

https://www.netgear.com

is working for me.

@Blanca_O 

Message 3 of 13
tuna_ertemalp
Luminary

I just did a test and basically proved that it has nothing to do with my router RBR50 in router mode (latest firmware 2.3.1.60 connected to Xfinity modem without any Mfr insignia on it that is in Bridge mode with all its radios and SSIDs turned off, and all IGMP+Green stuff is turned off on the switch as reported above):

I took my iPhone, turned off wifi on it, went out on the street, nothing but AT&T signal, went to netgear.com in iPhone Chrome, clicked on the head icon in upper right of webpage, clicked on Sign In button at the bottom of the resulting popup, entered my username/pwd as it has been for weeks now, spelled all correctly for the umpteenth time since late last night, and got the same issue. In other words, this has nothing to do with my Orbi or managed switch. It is directly on accounts.netgear.com. And, I cannot find a forum for that. And, my email to support is falling on deaf ears.

Thanks for trying, though, my friend. I think your very last observation via cloudfront is the issue here.

Yes, that link works to show me my registered devices, just as SUPPORT and COMMUNITY logins work, by not going through the problematic accounts.netgear.com.

Tuna

Message 4 of 13
tuna_ertemalp
Luminary

And, just for kicks, tried the same test on iPhone/Safari and Windows/Edge (instead of Windows/Chrome as earlier): Same problem. So, this is essentially the accounts.netgear.com site issue, not related to routers, switches, operating systems, firmware versions, device types, browser versions.

Who will look at it, I wonder...

Tuna

Message 5 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya seems to be a site issue rather then anything else. 

Contact NG support or send a PM to @Blanca_O 

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 13
tuna_ertemalp
Luminary

Already had emailed NG support in the middle of the night, still no response, so I sent them an email again with a link to this thread. And also PM'd the moderator you suggested with details, but so far noone contacted me. Smiley Sad

This is very disheartening. I am basically just a sitting duck waiting to make someone's priority list. 

Tuna

Message 7 of 13
tuna_ertemalp
Luminary

And, last night, almost seemingly 24hrs later, the issue went away and I am now able to log in using my Netgear account. Either my emails/PMs helped without having been told anything as to what was wrong, or something happened previous night that put my account into a "24 hour jail," or there was something wrong with the accounts.netgear.com's handling of my netgear account during that time that either cleared up or got fixed. In any case, if someone had a finger in fixing this and is reading this: I am thankful!

Tuna

PS: And, as I was typing this post, I just received a case# from Netgear support for my emails yesterday, about 12hrs after it started working again, so it would seem it wasn't them.

Message 8 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Please mark this as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. 

Message 9 of 13
tuna_ertemalp
Luminary

I will as soon as the cases (yes, cases; they opened TWO of them!) opened by Netgear end up in a resolution, possibly with the root cause of what happened and what was done about it, after I post about those findings, if any. That would be a more useful solution. 😉 

Message 10 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 13
tuna_ertemalp
Luminary

Here is a copy/paste of progression of relevant parts of the conversation I had with support:

1) "We reported this already to the IT Team since they are the one who handle the accounts. We are confirming as well if it was already fixed."

2) "None so far. I am still waiting from the IT Team feedback about this. Will let you know once I got an update."

3) " I got an update now. The reason for this is because our system before have migrated to new system now. So other accounts was migrated to the new system causing the issue. I do apologize for the inconvenience it brings to you. That was the update I got from them."

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Glad it's solved now. 

Good Luck. 

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7