Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't log into ORBI via web browser.

sandman512
Apprentice

Can't log into ORBI via web browser.

So, trying to log into my ORBI system via my web browser(Chrome).  i have done this in the past mutliple times with no issues.  For some reason today when I go to log int, it brings we to a page sking me to enable parent controls and it says I'm looged in even though I am not.  The URL I am using is as follows:http://www.orbilogin.com/index.htm

Any advice.  Thank you.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
sandman512
Apprentice

Re: Can't log into ORBI via web browser.

So did a reset via the button on back.  Logged in via 192.168.1.1 nd was up and running.  Thank you.  Still, strange what happened, but back to business!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Clear all browser caches before entering into the web page.

Try accesing the web page at 192.168.1.1

Try using IE11, Firefox or Opera to access the page. 

Message 2 of 12
sandman512
Apprentice

It is the latest firmware I believe, 2.5.1.8.(that is what shows up when trying to log in).

Also, I have cleared everything and still no luck.  Just triedhttp://192.168.1.1/index.htm on chrome, no luck.  Safari isn't working either.

EDIT: Just chrome on another PC, no luck. Just tried FF, no luck.

Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Press the reset button in back for 15 seconds then release. The top ring LED should blink WHITE then slowly puslate WHITE. Being the setup process. Use a wired PC connected to the RBR. Clear all browser caches, then use a browser, FF or Safari. The setup wizard should begin at http://192.168.1.1 or orbilogin.com. Walk thru the setup wizard and besure to write down all important information for safe keeping. 

Be sure your PCs networking set set up for automatic obtain IP addressing as well. 

Message 4 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

@sandman512 wrote:

So, trying to log into my ORBI system via my web browser(Chrome).  i have done this in the past mutliple times with no issues.  For some reason today when I go to log int, it brings we to a page sking me to enable parent controls and it says I'm looged in even though I am not.  The URL I am using is as follows:http://www.orbilogin.com/index.htm

Any advice.  Thank you.

Can you take a screen shot and post it?

Is anything else visible on the screen, such as the menu on the left or the "Logout" in the upper right?

When I access my Orbi web interface, the first thing that happens is a login prompt pops up ("admin" plus password).  This does not happen to you?

Message 5 of 12
sandman512
Apprentice

So did a reset via the button on back.  Logged in via 192.168.1.1 nd was up and running.  Thank you.  Still, strange what happened, but back to business!

Message 6 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to do a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed later on. 

Please mark your thread and solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@sandman512 wrote:

Message 7 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Be sure to do a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed later on. 

Please mark your thread and solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@sandman512 wrote:

factory reset is for lost passwords.  Enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
BoilerPlate
Apprentice

This and many other factory reset posts proves your incorrect.

Enjoy. Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@BoilerPlate wrote:

This and many other factory reset posts proves your incorrect.

Enjoy. Smiley LOL

Now there you go again assuming I said what I didn't......

You'll note NG suggests that resets are primarly for lost passwords (check with the moderators).  The possibility of a reset fixing a problem after answering a dozen of off the wall/copy paste questions is a last resort solution of not really understanding the problem.  Most experienced network users will agree a factory should not be required in most situations.

At any rate, enjoy Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 12
BoilerPlate
Apprentice

@Retired_Member wrote:

So you didn't say this? Seems like you did. Should make up your mind. Smiley LOL

Factory resets are a valid troubleshooting step.

https://www.howtogeek.com/434350/how-to-factory-reset-a-router/

Seems to work and is working for those that have used. Posts prove it. Reset resets have been used for years and will continue to e when needed. Many other needs for it and not just because its only for password reset. It's up to users if they want to use it or not. Not by you or anyone else and thats fine. Users want there stuff working which is one point of the forums. Regardless of who helps out and how they help out. Copy and Paste away. It's working if you like that or not. Seems most users do. Users are getting the job done. Netgear hasn't posted anything regarding factory resets or there stance. Maybe Netgear should so everyone will be clear about it for Netgear products. Moderators haven't posted anything. If Netgear was overly concerned about how they feel about facory reset, then I'm they they would post something.

Cheers.

Message 11 of 12
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@BoilerPlate wrote:

@Retired_Member wrote:

So you didn't say this? Seems like you did. Should make up your mind. Smiley LOL

I'm just passing what the moderartors told me.  Lost password is one reason.  You'll note I (and the moderators/NG support) didn't say ONLY reason..

Enjoy....Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7