Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't ping a connected device

jtrewar
Aspirant

Can't ping a connected device

Through a seperate issue, I recently had to remove my Epson 845 printer from my laptop and re-add it.   Unfortunately, I've been unable to connect to the printer anymore from my laptop.   I've reinstalled drivers, reset the printer, reconnected successfully to the Orbi and through this whole process my wife has been able print from her laptop.  My issue seems to be that I can't "find" the printer.   I've tried pinging it from my laptop and I keep getting a General Failure.   When I ping from my wife's laptop, I'm able to successfully do that.   Even when I connect the Epson to the Orbi via Ethernet cable and same thing -- I can't ping it but my wife's laptop can still ping it and print from it.  I'm able to successfully connect to the Orbi and have a full internet access, etc. I just can't connect and/or ping the printer.   This is something that has successfully worked for 8+ months up until the time I had to remove the printer.   I'm really stuck and hoping someone has some ideas.   Thanks!     

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't ping a connected device

Sounds liek something on your PC is not working right. Be sure to disable any firewall and or security software temporarily while testing. 

Be sure your pinging the correct IP address for the printer and your PC is connected to the Orbi. Wired would be preferred. Set a IP address reservation for the printer and your PCs ON the Orbi. 

Contact the Mfr of the PC for additional help and information. 

If other devices are connecting to the printer thru the Orbi then this one particular PC has something going on. 

Message 2 of 3
jtrewar
Aspirant

Re: Can't ping a connected device

Validated that I'm using the right IP address and everything.  Odd that I can connect and ping the Orbi but not the printer which happens to be pingable by other devices.   Is there something within the network properties that won't find the printer?    Should the laptop be set to private or public?   Are there specific Sharing options that should be set?   Thanks again

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7