Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't play Apple Music on Orbi

SaraPA
Aspirant

Can't play Apple Music on Orbi

Can't play Apple Music.

Easily set up the network.  Could easily connect my iPhone, iPad etc.  However, whenever I tried to play Apple Music radio on the orbi wifi, it would not stream any song I didn't alread own.  Have no problem streaming radio on my original home wifi, work wifi or work office wifi.  Just the orbi wifi.

It's like apple no longer recognizes me as a subscriber (even though I am signed in with my apple ID)

Any suggestions?

Sara

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't play Apple Music on Orbi

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?

Message 2 of 7
SaraPA
Aspirant

The above is Greek to me.  I have an ATT Uverse modem.  I followed the directions to run an ethernet from ATT modem to Orbi.  

Anything beyond that is above my paygrade.  I got the Orbi because it was supposed to be fairly "plug and play."

Sara

Message 3 of 7

It seems that you have the thing set up just fine. All your wifi devices can get out to the internet. So the problem may have nothing to do with the Orbi router.

Can you explain this bit?

@SaraPA wrote:

....whenever I tried to play Apple Music radio on the orbi wifi, it would not stream any song I didn't alread own. 

How does this work? Stream from what to what?

What messages do you see, and where, when you try to make this happen?

Remember, most of the people here know about Netgear devices, but they are not likely to be experts in Apple radio. Is there a support forum for that that you can consult?

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Sounds like you might ask someone local that has some tech experience to help you out with this...

@SaraPA wrote:

The above is Greek to me.  I have an ATT Uverse modem.  I followed the directions to run an ethernet from ATT modem to Orbi.  

Anything beyond that is above my paygrade.  I got the Orbi because it was supposed to be fairly "plug and play."

Sara

Message 5 of 7
SaraPA
Aspirant

Thanks for all the advice!

I ended up calling Netgear and it was a simple fix.  To go along with this problem, websites were asking for a password.  Apparently the username is admin and the password is your netgear password.  I entered this into one website, it reconfigured the router (or something) and suddenly, magically, everything was working as expected.

Sara

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you figured it out. Besure your modem and orbi are set up well.

Enjoy...

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7