Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't reset router

jrcruise
Aspirant

Can't reset router

My Orbi router and satellite were working perfectely until I tried to connect a Nook to the Orbi network. It could be a coincidence, but the router essentially stopped working at this point, and I was no longer able to access it in any way. I attempted to reset the router to the factory default settings, but the white elliptical light at the top remains solid white, which I believe indicates that it's in the process of being reset.

I'm running the latest firmware (as of 10/1/17) on router and satellite, and I've successfully connected a variety of iOS and Android devices. Any help anybody can provide about how to return to factory defaults would be greately appreciated. I recently saved my Orbi configuration file, so if I can return to the original settings, I should be able to quickly restore to my custom settings.

TIA

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

To reset your Orbi WiFi system:
  1. Make sure your Orbi device is powered on.
  2. Using a paper clip or similar object, press and hold the Reset button until the Power LED on your Orbi device blinks amber. Note: If you're resetting a wall plug satellite, the ring LED blinks amber. Your Orbi device is reset.
Message 2 of 6
sos1040
Aspirant

Did you get any assistance with your problem? I went out of town and got a call from my kids on day 3 that the internet went down. No one touched anything as the router and modem are located in my locked office. Once home I powered it down which did nothing so I used the paperclip to reset it after an hour of trying to even connect/login to it. It will NOT reset after holding in the reset button for over 2 minutes. It will NOT broadcast at all for me to log into. I am directly connected to it and it still not showing as a connection for me at all. I bought this 9 months ago and am beyond pissed that there is no support after 90 days. The router is stuck with a white ring that never changes. The power button was blinking green (not amber) so I moved it to another power outlet based on a few posts. Still nothing. I am ready to drive back to Best Buy to buy something else as my ENTIRE HOUSE is on wifi! Every single TV, kids laptops (and it's finals weeks), absolutely everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 6
jrcruise
Aspirant

Are you able to access your router directly from a browser? (198.162.1.1) I was stuck just like you but was able to reset my router from the admin app. No problems since then. I’ve come to really like my Orbi system.
Message 4 of 6
sos1040
Aspirant

Unfortunately no. I was able to get through to tech support thankfully and they are mailing me another one. My router would not respond to anything at all. I was directly connected and it would not respond or show up for me to log in.

Message 5 of 6
jrcruise
Aspirant

If your Orbi router was “frozen,” it’s not surprising you couldn’t connect directly to it. You would need to make sure that your Orbi router is connected to your ISP router and that your computer is connected to the internet via that router.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7