Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't see any devices since upgrading to V2.7.3.22 firmware on my Orbi RBR50

Philip_shaw
Aspirant

Can't see any devices since upgrading to V2.7.3.22 firmware on my Orbi RBR50

I recently upgraded my firmware to V2.7.3.22 and I can neither see the devices (nor satellites) on the router page, or on the Orbi App.  The web page for the router has also become fairly unresponsive (very slow and sometimes won't load in full).  System seems to be working, but with zero visibility of what's going on.  All help appreciated.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't see any devices since upgrading to V2.7.3.22 firmware on my Orbi RBR50

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and Orbi system been performed since last update?
Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 6
Philip_shaw
Aspirant

Re: Can't see any devices since upgrading to V2.7.3.22 firmware on my Orbi RBR50

Was trying to avoid the factory re-set, but it's next on my list of things to try.  

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 4 of 6
DougB628
Apprentice

You sure do throw out the factory reset and setup from scratch option an awful lot, acting as if that is such a simple thing to do. I understand that it can resolve some issues, but I don't think it should be necessary so often, considering how painful of a process this can be for anyone that has many smart devices in their home, and many DHCP reservations configured. For someone like me who has scripts that help me restore these things more easily, this isn't so bad. But someone who has to literally reconfigure everything manually in the admin web UI, this can take hours.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

All that can be mitigated if users had a backup configuration saved to file. Saves time when a factory reset is needed. Factory resets are a valid troubleshooting step and i do try to avoid mentioning it until all other troubleshooting has been performed and last resort. Just like everything though, users choice. It's not "mandated". Smiley Wink

https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

@DougB628 wrote:

You sure do throw out the factory reset and setup from scratch option an awful lot, acting as if that is such a simple thing to do. I understand that it can resolve some issues, but I don't think it should be necessary so often, considering how painful of a process this can be for anyone that has many smart devices in their home, and many DHCP reservations configured. For someone like me who has scripts that help me restore these things more easily, this isn't so bad. But someone who has to literally reconfigure everything manually in the admin web UI, this can take hours.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7