Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't see my Orbi networki

Rantaman
Aspirant

Can't see my Orbi networki

Hello, I have an Orbi RBR50 router and satellite. I've spent several hours plugging them in and synching them only to never have the Orbi wifi network show up as a network to join to get them set up. Any help would be appreciated...

Model: CATRBR50-100NAS|Orbi Premium CAT5e Flat Ethernet Cable
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't see my Orbi networki

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Are you walking thru the setup wizard with a wired PC and web browser and inputting new SSID and PW? What are you using for an SSID name? Should be something simple and not complex.

What wireless devices do you have? 

Message 2 of 6
Rantaman
Aspirant

Don't know the firmware... It was set up and working fine at our last home, we just moved... plugged it back in on the new wifi system and not seeing the Orbi network.

Using Cox Cable Internet.

Router = Panoramic, no viewable model #

I'm on a new Mac and followed these set up instructions:

https://kb.netgear.com/31017/How-do-I-set-up-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite

Trying to set up wirelessly and followed the instructions above. The router and the satellite seem to find each other (glows blue) but then the Orbi network does not show up on my computer or iPhone... so can't set up with the app without connecting to the network...

My SSID is Orbi29 but it doesn't show in my wireless networ list

Message 3 of 6
Rantaman
Aspirant

This may be the model # of the Panoramic router CGM4140COM

Could there be some settings in the Cox admin preventing the Orbi network from being seen?

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:

This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Message 5 of 6

@Rantaman wrote:

It was set up and working fine at our last home, we just moved... plugged it back in on the new wifi system and not seeing the Orbi network.

After moving house, and connecting to a different Internet service provider, you may have to reset your Orbi devices, and other network equipment, to get them back to factory settings and set then up afresh.

In that way they forget past settings from the old ISP.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7