Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can’t sync RBK 50

Stella_0120
Aspirant

Can’t sync RBK 50

I purchased a second satellite for my RBK 50 system, and can't get the new satellite to sync. Can someone help me with this.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Stella_0120
Aspirant

Re: Can’t sync RBK 50

I am using the Orbi App, for adding a satellite. I purchased the satellite from Amazon, it a refurbished one. I push the sync button on the router, and let the light flash for a short period which means it’s ready to sync, then push the sync button on the satellite, it flashes like its trying to sync, but after the period of syncing is over, the light is still white. I don’t want to reset the original set to factory specs, because it may just be the issue with the newer satellite I’m trying to add.
Thanks in advance for your support.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Can you please describe how you are trying to sync the new satellite?

• Using the "sync" button method?
  • Using the Orbi web interface (http://orbilogin.net), the bottom menu item: "Add Orbi Satellite"?
Message 2 of 4
Stella_0120
Aspirant

I am using the Orbi App, for adding a satellite. I purchased the satellite from Amazon, it a refurbished one. I push the sync button on the router, and let the light flash for a short period which means it’s ready to sync, then push the sync button on the satellite, it flashes like its trying to sync, but after the period of syncing is over, the light is still white. I don’t want to reset the original set to factory specs, because it may just be the issue with the newer satellite I’m trying to add.
Thanks in advance for your support.
Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

I usually start by pressing the "sync" button on the satellite, then on the router.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7