Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't update the new firmware to one of my satellites

kmontgom
Follower

Can't update the new firmware to one of my satellites

I have a orbi satellite in my bedroom.  the past couple nights it keeps showing a pulsing white light.  i have tried to automatically and manually update the firmware to that satellite.  When I try to manually update the firmware I get an error message saying the firmware is not compatable.  Ive tried resetting the satellite.  I have no ideahow to contact support because the website leads to a blank page after clicking contact support.  Any help please?  I have version 2.1.4.10 running on the router and one satellite.  the satellite that will not update is running on version 1.12.0.20.  thank you

Model: RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you tried installing the latest v.16 FW? 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-firmware-update-v2-1-4-16-availability/td-p/1584969/jump-...

Besure you unpack the .zip file.

What browser are you using? Try IE11 or FF. 

Be wired to the back of the satellite. I would move the satellite to a closer position to the router while your trying to update it. Then after updating, move it back. 

Message 2 of 4
EDR1
Guide

I had that same issue early on - had my satellite to far away - but excellent idea to move the satellite closer and just hardwire right into it.

Also you can look up the IP and just enter the IP into the browser and it has a smaller satellite specific UI - which I thought had the ability to update form there as well?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes you can directly connect to

@EDR1 wrote:

I had that same issue early on - had my satellite to far away - but excellent idea to move the satellite closer and just hardwire right into it.

Also you can look up the IP and just enter the IP into the browser and it has a smaller satellite specific UI - which I thought had the ability to update form there as well?

the satellite and connect to it's IP address and use its web page to update FW there as well.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7