Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't use PS4 in-game voice chat

YesIAmA
Aspirant

Can't use PS4 in-game voice chat

Since switching to the orbi I can't get my in-game PS4 chat to work. I can use the out of game party chat on PS4 but the in-game won't work (can't hear others and no one can hear me). This happens on all games.

I have upnp checked, ipv6 disabled, Nat is open. I tried all the port forwarding and DMZ but that didn't work so I reverted it. I'm on the latest firmware. PS4 is hardwired into the orbi satellite.

I have Verizon FiOS and directly connect my orbi so there is no modem.

Any help would be useful since I'm at my wit's end. It's so strange I can use the out of game party chat but in game is totally busted right now
Model: RBK43| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you done a hard power OFF of the game console then back on to see if this helps? 

Ensure uPnP is enabled.

Set a IP address reservation for the game console ON the router. 

What DNS settings are you using? Auto? Try 1.1.1.1 and 9.9.9.9.

Disable IPv6 on the router. Apply settings and reboot the router. Power OFF the game console whlie the router reboots. After it's ready, power back on the game console and try again.

@YesIAmA wrote:
Since switching to the orbi I can't get my in-game PS4 chat to work. I can use the out of game party chat on PS4 but the in-game won't work (can't hear others and no one can hear me). This happens on all games.

I have upnp checked, ipv6 disabled, Nat is open. I tried all the port forwarding and DMZ but that didn't work so I reverted it. I'm on the latest firmware. PS4 is hardwired into the orbi satellite.

Any help would be useful since I'm at my wit's end. It's so strange I can use the out of game party chat but in game is totally busted right now

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you done a hard power OFF of the game console then back on to see if this helps? 

Ensure uPnP is enabled.

Set a IP address reservation for the game console ON the router. 

What DNS settings are you using? Auto? Try 1.1.1.1 and 9.9.9.9.

Disable IPv6 on the router. Apply settings and reboot the router. Power OFF the game console whlie the router reboots. After it's ready, power back on the game console and try again.

@YesIAmA wrote:

Message 2 of 4
YesIAmA
Aspirant

Worked like a charm! I made the primary DNS 1.1.1.1. and secondary 9.9.9.9. I did an IP reserve for the ps4. Upnp was already enabled and ipv6 was already disabled. Not sure which fixed it or if a combo but I'm not touching it now. Thanks so much for the quick help!
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad someting worked for you. Probably the DNS change. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@YesIAmA wrote:
Worked like a charm! I made the primary DNS 1.1.1.1. and secondary 9.9.9.9. I did an IP reserve for the ps4. Upnp was already enabled and ipv6 was already disabled. Not sure which fixed it or if a combo but I'm not touching it now. Thanks so much for the quick help!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7