Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can the Orbit router or Satellite connect to an existing 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi access point?

Rdisandro
Aspirant

Can the Orbit router or Satellite connect to an existing 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi access point?

I have a wireless mobile hotspot with 2.4 and 5ghz bands that I would like to route the connections to the Orbi. Is the Orbi router limited to a wired internet input connection? If so, can the satellite be used standalone as a wifi and Ethernet hub?
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can the Orbit router or Satellite connect to an existing 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi access point?

@Rdisandro wrote:
To reiterate, I am in need of a router that is capable of connecting to my wifi hotspot "wirelessly" through the 2.4 and 5ghz bands.

to this specific question nether the router or sat would connect via wifi to another wifi transmission 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies

Re: Can the Orbit router or Satellite connect to an existing 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi access point?

@Rdisandro wrote:
I have a wireless mobile hotspot with 2.4 and 5ghz bands that I would like to route the connections to the Orbi. Is the Orbi router limited to a wired internet input connection? If so, can the satellite be used standalone as a wifi and Ethernet hub?

hi

not actually sure what you are asking here , the orbi sats will only connect to the orbi router via its dedicated 5 gig back haul at this time , there is plans to allow back haul via ethernet esentially turning the orbi sat into a wireless access point 

Message 2 of 4
Rdisandro
Aspirant

To reiterate, I am in need of a router that is capable of connecting to my wifi hotspot "wirelessly" through the 2.4 and 5ghz bands.
Message 3 of 4

@Rdisandro wrote:

to this specific question nether the router or sat would connect via wifi to another wifi transmission 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7