Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can time disconnects me from the internet?

Can time disconnects me from the internet?

I am about a step away from switching to ASUS ZenMesh because my I am tired of Orbi disconnecting. This is the final straw.

I constantly get my SSID with it saying "No Internet Connection" although I am 100% the connection works. It won't even allow me to login to the admin page to reboot the Orbi. Rebooting the Orbi sometimes fix it few for weeks, sometimes it reoccurs within few hours.

This is my final theory, I saw a thread that says switching from netgear NTP server to nist.gov might solve the issue. Previously I use ntp.pool . Although I have my doubts this works, I found a check mark that says auto-adjust for time saving turned on, and I am in a non-time saving country.

Could this be causing the issue?

I have tried every possible solution over the months with many reboots and resets, with this occurance happening often meanwhile I hear from others online that Orbi is stable for them.

Setup: RBK50 WAN connected to ISP router via ethernet cable.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can time disconnects me from the internet?

Was some posts back in March when the time changes happend that cause some users problems. Some found disabling DST helped. Some found that Traffic Meter enabled was also a cause. I've set DST enabled, using default NG NTP address and I don't use Traffic Meter and my RBR50 has not experienced this issue. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Can time disconnects me from the internet?

I have , for the past year, I turned on and off every single option in this router admin page trying to find out why it does this. It can go for weeks streaming beautifully then give me 3 consecutive days with no internet for hours. I even loaded Voxel firmware. I tried every trick in the book. These systems should not be so delicate and sensitive.

I have heard half of Orbi users claiming stable Wifi and the other claiming disconnections. I too had stable/reliable Wifi for sometime but a couple months later we are back to where we started.

My only theory now is that these devices are built poorly, people who bought the good units are having stable Wifi and people who bought the faulty ones are having bad Wifi. I was willing to pay the premium price to have a good internet connection, I didn't opt for a $150 D-Llink option, but unfortunately this is not a premium product. It caused me pain, frustration, lost time of life, just to get it working. I always thought I did something wrong but now I am sure its faulty there, either the software or the hardware.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7