Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can you have 4 satellites on the RBK50

thnguyen69
Aspirant

Can you have 4 satellites on the RBK50

Costco has the 3-pack RBK50 to allow up to 7500 coverge.  Is it possible to add on another satellite if you have a larger property to allow for more coverage?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can you have 4 satellites on the RBK50

Message 2 of 6
thnguyen69
Aspirant

For the AC2200, how many satellites did you have?  The property I was looking to cover is wide (versus high).  I saw the AC2200 have a 4-satellite pack, but not sure if that's better than a AC3000 3-Pack with maybe a potential add-on?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

The limitation would probably be bandwidth and range.

I have a 5k sq fw home, router at one end of the house up stairs and 1 satellite at the opposite end down stairs, about 40ft distance inbetween. Head that max distance could be 50-60 feet however that depends on building materials and such.

I would think that the main router and 3 stallites places well should be well enough to cover 7500sq ft home. Anything additional or out side this would not be great...these are designed to inside home buildings.

Message 4 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Netgear recommends up to 4 units but many others have had success with more than that on the network.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 6
thnguyen69
Aspirant

Would this be on the AC2200 or AC3000 series?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7