Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot Enable Circle

OrbiCircle
Aspirant

Cannot Enable Circle

After successfully installing RBK-50 Orbi Router & Satellite, I'm unable to activate the Circle by Disney App due to an error "Firmware does not support Circle. Please try upgrading again." I'm on the latest version of firmware (2.2.1.210) for both router and satellite.

Bought this system two days ago at a premium over other brands in order to have the Circle function. 

Based on online feedback, I've tried downgrading twice to older firmware versions & manually updating again to the newest versions. Two resets to factory defaults, as well but I cannot find a place in the browser or setup wizard to activate Circle.

Nothing works & I cannot locate any way to chat with Netgear Support (links go to community forum). 

Why is the Circle App asking to upgrade the firmware when I am already using the current version (

2.2.1.210)?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 13
ekhalil
Master

@OrbiCircle wrote:

......., as well but I cannot find a place in the browser or setup wizard to activate Circle.

You need to activate Circle in the web GUI in the following location:

Namnlöst.png

Message 2 of 13
OrbiCircle
Aspirant

All I see on that page is a request to log into an OpenDNS account - there is no toggle for Circle at all. 

@ekhalil wrote:

@OrbiCircle wrote:

......., as well but I cannot find a place in the browser or setup wizard to activate Circle.

You need to activate Circle in the web GUI in the following location:

Namnlöst.png

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 13
ekhalil
Master

@OrbiCircle wrote:

All I see on that page is a request to log into an OpenDNS account - there is no toggle for Circle at all.  

Are you sure you have the latest Orbi firmware? What do you have here:

Namnlöst.png

Message 4 of 13
OrbiCircle
Aspirant

Exactly the same version for both. And updated it again just to be sure. 

The router is India spec/region. Will that make a difference?

Message 5 of 13
ekhalil
Master

... and what do you have here:

Namnlöst.png

I believe you are in Router Mode because you see the OpenDNS anyway, but just to confirm!

Message 6 of 13
OrbiCircle
Aspirant

yes exactly the same. Router Mode. 

Clicking on Parental Controls only opens a pop-up window to set OpenDNS settings.

Message 7 of 13
ekhalil
Master

@OrbiCircle wrote:

yes exactly the same. Router Mode. 

Clicking on Parental Controls only opens a pop-up window to set OpenDNS settings.

I then think that you need to do a factory reset and do the settings from scratch and then activate Circle from the web interface as part of the setup wizard.

It's really simple to do factory reset. Here is how to make a factory reset:

https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

Message 8 of 13
OrbiCircle
Aspirant

I've done that twice but the setup wizard doesn't offer me an option to enable Circle during setup. 

Message 9 of 13
ekhalil
Master

@OrbiCircle wrote:

I've done that twice but the setup wizard doesn't offer me an option to enable Circle during setup. 

Please don't use the Orbi app during setup. Use only the web GUI.

So reset the Orbi router and satellites using a paper clip wait until you see the Orbi wireless network on your laptop, connect to this network, use a browser to access orbilogin.com and continue the setup from there.

Was this what you did?

Message 10 of 13
OrbiCircle
Aspirant

Yes exactly through orbilogin.com - the setup steps do not include an activation of Circle. I am now again using the network but no step was included to select parental controls

Message 11 of 13
ekhalil
Master

@OrbiCircle wrote:

Yes exactly through orbilogin.com - the setup steps do not include an activation of Circle. I am now again using the network but no step was included to select parental controls

Very strange!

I saw similar issue to yours on this post: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Circle-Firmware-Update-Error-on-Orbi-RBK50/td-p/1526931

The solution there was to manually "upgrade" to the same latest software that you have. Not sure if that will help but you might want to try this solution! 🙂

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset on the Orbi router and setup from scratch. Use IE11 or FF or Opera to setup the router. You should see Disney Circle appear in the setup wizard proces. 

@OrbiCircle wrote:

After successfully installing RBK-50 Orbi Router & Satellite, I'm unable to activate the Circle by Disney App due to an error "Firmware does not support Circle. Please try upgrading again." I'm on the latest version of firmware (2.2.1.210) for both router and satellite.

Bought this system two days ago at a premium over other brands in order to have the Circle function. 

Based on online feedback, I've tried downgrading twice to older firmware versions & manually updating again to the newest versions. Two resets to factory defaults, as well but I cannot find a place in the browser or setup wizard to activate Circle.

Nothing works & I cannot locate any way to chat with Netgear Support (links go to community forum). 

Why is the Circle App asking to upgrade the firmware when I am already using the current version (

2.2.1.210)?

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7