Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot access Orbi router by web browser anymore

orbi-fan
Aspirant

Cannot access Orbi router by web browser anymore

I used to always access the orbi by web browser to look at what was going on or change configuration.  The app screen is so small, it is hard to see much at a time.  I have changed my Orbi IP on my network to 192.168.3.40 and I can ping that from my wired desktop or my laptop over wifi.  On either machine, when I pull up a web browser (chrome, firefix, opera, edge), and put the IP into the address bar, it brings up the log in screen.  I log in, and then up comes a totally blank window. Just white screen in that browser window/tab.  Up in the address bar, it says "Not Secure".  In every browser.  There is nothing anywhere on any blank page where I can "connect anyway".  I can log on the app through my phone using same log in and password and it works fine.  I think I get "logged in" but the page never draws since it says "Not Secure".   I know I used to get in this way all the time.  I get the same exact thing if I use orbilogin.net or orbilogin.com.   I can look at see the satteliets on my network and I can log into them with the same login and password.  they come up fine in the browser window, and I can see the status and all the connected devices (showing mac addresses, not what the device actually is like I can label if I can log in to the router).  It is working fine. I just cant seem to log in to it.  I am using it as an AP, the DHCP is done by my gateway.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

@orbi-fan wrote:

There is nothing anywhere on any blank page where I can "connect anyway".  I can log on the app through my phone using same log in and password and it works fine.  I think I get "logged in" but the page never draws since it says "Not Secure".

When this has happened to me, there has always been a link (in very small type) that provided a way to go on.  Sometimes it was a link to "More Details" or something where the ultimate choice was not obvious.  I would click on every link on the page and see if something comes up.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What device are you usingg to access the web page? Usually PC and web browser and size of monitor are generally readable. 

You can change the zoom with in the browser to zoom in or out to make the web page more readable. 

Try IE11, Edge, Firefox or Opera GX

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@orbi-fan wrote:

There is nothing anywhere on any blank page where I can "connect anyway".  I can log on the app through my phone using same log in and password and it works fine.  I think I get "logged in" but the page never draws since it says "Not Secure".

When this has happened to me, there has always been a link (in very small type) that provided a way to go on.  Sometimes it was a link to "More Details" or something where the ultimate choice was not obvious.  I would click on every link on the page and see if something comes up.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7