Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access QNAP TS-251+ NAS using hostname over WiFi. (hostname only recognized when hard-wired)

dmy0603
Follower

Cannot access QNAP TS-251+ NAS using hostname over WiFi. (hostname only recognized when hard-wired)

Orbi RBK53 / Firmware v2.1.4.16

I have a QNAP TS-251+ NAS on my home network.  I am trying to access this NAS device from a Windows 10 laptop.  I have determined I can only access the NAS using it's host name if the laptop is hard-wired to the network.  If the laptop is connected via WiFi, I can only access the NAS using the IP address.

Using the same Win10 laptop, I can successfully access a Win7 PC on my home network using the host name whether hard-wired or via WiFi.  Am I wrong in expecting to be able to access this NAS device over WiFi via host name, the same as with the home PC?  Both the home PC and NAS are directly hard wired to the RBR50 router.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cannot access QNAP TS-251+ NAS using hostname over WiFi. (hostname only recognized when hard-wi

I would ask QNAP about this host name problem. If you can connect using host name to Windows 7 PC and you can with QNAP, Something either on Windows 10 PC or NAS.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7