Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access website through router but can on my mobile phone - Orbi issue? Circle issue? Other?

Pflipper
Aspirant

Cannot access website through router but can on my mobile phone - Orbi issue? Circle issue? Other?

For some strange reason, I can't access the following site through my router:

- dpsk12.org

which is denver public schools

I can over my mobile data on my phone when I disconnect from the router.   When I try to connect to this site through the router, I get the message : "The site can't be reached  The connection was reset".  I have no problem getting to other sites.  

I do also have Circle parental controls on, but I don't see any blocking set up on this site through Circle or my Orbi router.

Direction for next steps ?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Pflipper
Aspirant

Re: Cannot access website through router but can on my mobile phone - Orbi issue? Circle issue? Oth

Got my answer from my isp :

"it is an issue with DPS and one of their subscribed anti-spam lists. We've dealt with this issue with another customer as well. We have had no luck getting DPS to take care of the issue, so we implemented a work around on our side."

So - nothing with my Orbi router, Circle...something that I suppose is between the isp and the folks who manage the web site.  Seems my isp needs my IP address and Orbi MAC address to allow this site to be accesssible.  I'll just wait for my isp to implement their solution and I should me good to go.

Thanks for your input!

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cannot access website through router but can on my mobile phone - Orbi issue? Circle issue? Oth

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Can you access it if you disable Circle? 

Message 2 of 10
CrimpOn
Guru

Netgear has a user forum specifically for Disney Circle users.  Somebody there may have a solution.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Need some spam clean up on that isle. Smiley Mad

@CrimpOn wrote:

Netgear has a user forum specifically for Disney Circle users.  Somebody there may have a solution.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle

Message 4 of 10
Pflipper
Aspirant

Firmware is up to date, just checked - V2.3.1.60

My orbi router is connected to a satellite internet provider - WiFi Hood.  I guess it is in router mode.  Have not have issues (that I can remember) with this site before, and do not have issues connecting to other web sites.

Just disabled Circle, and no,... still cannot access the web site.  Wierd.   Wonder if it is my satellite provider....?  That will be my next step - I'll check with them.

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Connect a PC directly to there modem and see if you get connected? 

May need a factory reset and setup from scratch on the Orbi after updating to v60. 

Message 6 of 10
Pflipper
Aspirant

I have an email into WiFi hood and will see what they have to say.  I'll circle back with their response.

Message 7 of 10
Pflipper
Aspirant

- "it is an issue with DPS and one of their subscribed anti-spam lists. We've dealt with this issue with another customer as well. We have had no luck getting DPS to take care of the issue, so we implemented a work around on our side." 

So - nothing with my Orbi router, Circle...something that I suppose is between the isp and the folks who manage the web site.  Seems my isp needs my IP address and Orbi MAC address to allow this site to be accesssible.  I'll just wait for my isp to implement their solution and I should me good to go.

Thanks for your input!

Message 8 of 10
Pflipper
Aspirant

"it is an issue with DPS and one of their subscribed anti-spam lists. We've dealt with this issue with another customer as well. We have had no luck getting DPS to take care of the issue, so we implemented a work around on our side."

Thanks for your input!

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Good news. Glad it was there issue. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7