Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect Iphone XR to RBR40

JArcher
Aspirant

Cannot connect Iphone XR to RBR40

Hi,

I have an Iphone XR that cannot connect to an Orbi AC2200 - just tries to connect and it would not connect and would not give any errors.   I have multiple devices that I can sucessfully connect (other apple iphones).     I have the latest firmware for the orbi products (V2.2.1.210), plus the latest ios for the iphone (12.1.3)  Curious thing is that I am able to connect other wifi networks.  I have tried restoring from strach the iphone, resetting network settings, restoring from a backup and nothing helps - sometimes it connects but it does not give any errors but there is not internet conectivity.   Of course on the ORBI side I have restarted the routers , checked connections.  Any suggestions ?

Thanks for your help !

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cannot connect Iphone XR to RBR40

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using? Try WPA2 and AES only.

Try disabling the following and see:
IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).
Be sure the BeamForming and MIMO are enabled.

Message 2 of 7

@JArcher wrote:

Hi,

I have an Iphone XR that cannot connect to an Orbi AC2200 - just tries to connect and it would not connect and would not give any errors.   I have multiple devices that I can sucessfully connect (other apple iphones).     

Sort of points at the Iphone XR as the source of the problem. Your router does not care about what you throw at it.

What happens when you try to connect? Any error messages?

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Has the phone ever worked on Orbi? Was the iOS recently updated? 

Message 4 of 7
JArcher
Aspirant

Hi F,

Thanks for your response !

Great suggestions , I tried them all and still the Iphone XR takes a long time to connect, and if it does if does not have internet (while other devices connected do)

Regarding your questions :

1) What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz. ==> Tried all combinations.   It seems the problem is on the 5ghz band .. that is were the phone is trying to connect
2) Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?  Not many and I had tried when other WIFI are not avalable , so that does not seem like the issue
3) What WPA security modes are you using? Try WPA2 and AES only.==> This is the one I normally use

4) Try disabling the following and see:
IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Be sure the BeamForming and MIMO are enabled.

==> tried all those settings to ...

Thank you for your suggestions

Message 5 of 7
JArcher
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks for your response.    It does not give any messages.    It connects (sometimes) but there is no internet connectivy

Thanks for your help

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Advanced Wireless Settings both 2.4GHz and 5GHz changed CTS/RTS Threshold to 2307. Changed preamble modes to long or short

@JArcher wrote:

Hi

Thanks for your response.    It does not give any messages.    It connects (sometimes) but there is no internet connectivy

Thanks for your help

preamble, and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7