Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect to temporary network during Orbi setup

Cannot connect to temporary network during Orbi setup

Basically, during initial setup, the app tells me to wait while it connects my phone to the Orbi. Every time I try to connect, it says it was unable to connect. I tried turning off my cellular and everything. It’s an RBR50V2.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Cannot connect to temporary network during Orbi setup

so you're not able to connect to wifi? 

Is this a new install?

An old install thats having issues? 

What firmware version are you on? 

What modem/gateway are you connected to?

Can you hardwire a pc/laptop into the router and access it? 

Message 2 of 8

technically it’s an old install, but for some reason it stopped working so I reset it. I tried wiring my PC into it, but there was no internet connection. Like I said, this is during setup. The modem is an EU2251 from Spectrum, and the router’s firmware version is 2.7.3.22. I already checked for updates and such.
The weird thing is, even after manually resetting the router it retained the old network settings. After replacing the router to where it was and reconnecting it because I had given up, the app says everything is connected and online. That being said, I can’t pull an ethernet connection from a satellite in a different room (which was the original problem). It’s pretty convoluted and I’m not entirely sure what’s going on here, but that’s what I can make of it.
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

When you reset it, did you do it by pushing and holding reset using the hardware button or through the gui? 
A true factory reset shouldn't retain any settings. 

Message 4 of 8

I reset it by pressing and holding the button on the back with a safety pin. It’s possible that I didn’t hold it for long enough, but I waited until the color on the power button shifted twice I believe.
Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

that should have done it. 

Maybe try the reset through the gui menu. 

Reset the router and reset the satellites (have to use the pin method on the satellites)

Message 6 of 8

I’ll give that a try
Message 7 of 8
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

@Trainmaster566

Are you still having internet issues with your RBR50V2?

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7