Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect to the internet (RBR50)

Folbo
Tutor

Cannot connect to the internet (RBR50)

I have just bough a new RBR50 and cannot seem to get it to talk to my router. (UK TalkTalk Huawei HG633).

The modem has wifi off, I am connecting via ethernet.

I can connect to the Orbi from my MBP via ethernet, access the settings, but the 'wizard' that tries to connect always end with failure and try again, suggecting that I retart my modem (again!!! Cat Frustrated)

If I plug my mbp ethernet cable directly into my router then all seems to be fine, with good internet connection but with the router not seeing any connection back to the Orbi.

I have tried with multiple ethernet cables between the Orbi and modem, but since the Orbi gives a different error message when there is no ethernet connecion, suggesting that it is not the cabling.

I am running RBR50-V2.1.4.10

What steps should I take next?

Thanks.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cannot connect to the internet (RBR50)

A few options:

Since you have a ISP modem with built in router, 

1. Have the ISP fully bridge the ISP modem then connect the Orbi router and use it in router mode. Have the ISP help you with this.

2. If the Modem can't be briged, use the modems DMZ feature for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the ISP Modem. Factory reset the Orbi router and walk thru the set up wizard and let it help you get it connected. The Orbi router maybe using same Ip address as the modem so the wizard should help with this.

3. Use the modem/router as your main router and configure the Orbi router for AP mode instead of router mode. Connect the Orbi router to the modem using the LAN port in back of the Orbi router. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7