Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot find RBS50 on network

galleryguyde
Aspirant

Cannot find RBS50 on network

I have one RBR50 router and one RBS50 satellite that work well, but bought an additional used RBS50 to add to the network.  Nothing I have done allows the RBR50 to find this RBS50.  The SSID and Network key for the one that won't connect is different than I have for my current RBR50 and RBS50.  I've reset this satellite  and my entire network and nothing seems to work.  A factory reset doesn't seem to help.  Can I connect this via ethernet to a Apple iMac or something else to find an IP address and if so, then what?  Please assist.  It just spent over $125 and it's useless.  Thanks so much.

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

After doing a factory reset on the satellite (with a paperclip), did you go through the "Add a satellite" process on the web interface?

Since the satellite came from a different package, it will not sync to the router automatically.

On the web interface, the bottom item on the main menu is "Add a Satellite".

Message 2 of 7
galleryguyde
Aspirant

I did the paperclip reset many times.  I did the add a satellite.  It does not see the satellite at all.  I also did a pin reset for the router and the satellite and that didn't help.  I've had them plugged in next to each other and hit sync on both devices - still nothing.  I've tried everything I've read online.  The satellite just blinks white.

Model: RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 3 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

If the regular factory reset process doesn't work, @michaelkenward described an undocumented way to get an Orbi to factory reset:

Press paperclip in reset hole for 30 seconds
Keep pressing paperclip while removing power
Keep pressing paperclip for another 30 seconds while apply power

Message 4 of 7
galleryguyde
Aspirant

Thank you for that tip.  Unfortunately, that did not work either.  My Orbi app, nor Netgenie will see the satellite.  Would anyone know of a way I can connect it by ethernet to another device to try to get an IP address at least?  

Message 5 of 7
GS750ESD
Initiate

Following these steps enabled me to successfully factory reset my RBR50 Orbi AC3000 Tri-band.  A big Thank you!

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@GS750ESD wrote:

Following these steps enabled me to successfully factory reset my RBR50 Orbi AC3000 Tri-band.  A big Thank you!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7