Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot get RBS50 satellite to connect after power failure

jtc1967
Aspirant

Cannot get RBS50 satellite to connect after power failure

Hi,

I had a great set up with my RBS50 with wired backhaul and it was working great.  One of the satellites would not connect after we had a power outage for a few hours.  The satellite in question was also on an APC back up power battery which was disconnected by my wife a few hours into the poweroutage due to the annoying chime the APC battery was making.  I have tried to get the satellite back on. I have reset it and I cannot get it to connect to my network.  I just get a flashing whte light that never goes into a solid white light and is not able to join the network.  The ORBI router is in connected to a verizon fios gateway whose wireless attenna is turned off and the ORBI router is in AP mode and daisy chain topography was enableed prior to the outage.  Any suggestions would be helpful as prior to the power outage it was working well with great wireless backhaul to supply a large house with great wifi speeds and access for wired computers and media devices.  

Message 1 of 8
Mstrbig
Master

@jtc1967 wrote:

Hi,

I had a great set up with my RBS50 with wired backhaul and it was working great.  One of the satellites would not connect after we had a power outage for a few hours.  The satellite in question was also on an APC back up power battery which was disconnected by my wife a few hours into the poweroutage due to the annoying chime the APC battery was making.  I have tried to get the satellite back on. I have reset it and I cannot get it to connect to my network.  I just get a flashing whte light that never goes into a solid white light and is not able to join the network.  The ORBI router is in connected to a verizon fios gateway whose wireless attenna is turned off and the ORBI router is in AP mode and daisy chain topography was enableed prior to the outage.  Any suggestions would be helpful as prior to the power outage it was working well with great wireless backhaul to supply a large house with great wifi speeds and access for wired computers and media devices.  

Try a second factory as sometimes they can be stubborn. I just purchased a used RBK50 system that the seller didn't reset, but gave me his WIFI SSID and password. It took me 4 times of holding in the reset button for over 30 seconds to 1 minute, until it finally reset and gave me the SSID in the sticker. After reset press the synce button on the router then satellite.

Message 2 of 8
jtc1967
Aspirant

Thank you, I tried this and it did not work.  I think I have to reset all the system, satellites and router and do it all over again.  

Message 3 of 8
Mstrbig
Master

Try turning of DaisyChain and then hold the reset button on the satellite for at least 1 minute to reset it tyhis time. then either use the app, GUI or pairing button and follow the directions on pairing.

Message 4 of 8
jtc1967
Aspirant

Thank you I did that and  no luck,  I may have screwed up the initial thread, the router is a RBR50.  I hope the satellite is not toast.  It mentions that once you power it up it will go to a solid white light, there is perpetual blinking of the white light irregardless if I do a factory reset.  

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Turn OFF Diasy Chain after a reset. Daisy Chain is enabled by default.

Try syncing the RBS hear the RBR. 

Message 6 of 8
jtc1967
Aspirant

firmware : V2.5.2.4 on the router

I did do all the above to no avail.  I think something happened with the power went out,  the router and the upstairs satellite(which still works well) were turned off but the satellite that was in quesiton remained on as it was connected to an APC surge protector with a battery back up and was orphaned from the system.   Main router is in AP mode connected to a verizon fios gateway.  Just very annoying.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You might try loading this version of FW on the system and see:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-6-1-40/m-p/1997895/highlight/tr...

Load the RBS first then RBR lastly then factory reset everything and setup from scratch. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7