Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot locate where Admin password is stored

jeremynichols
Aspirant

Cannot locate where Admin password is stored

Successfully set up the router and it works well. In filling out the various forms that are part of the Orbi app, I made an error in the Admin password. I know what the error is and would like to correct it but can't find the page on which it is located. Appreciate any assistance. 

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Cannot locate where Admin password is stored

@jeremynichols wrote:

Successfully set up the router and it works well. In filling out the various forms that are part of the Orbi app, I made an error in the Admin password. I know what the error is and would like to correct it but can't find the page on which it is located. Appreciate any assistance. 

The Orbi web interface (and telnet access) password is set on the Advanced Tab->Administration->Set Password.

The page includes an option section to activate Password Recovers (check box) which is activated when the admin password is entered incorrectly three times in a row.  Those questions are "drop down" menus. Be certain to click on "Apply" for the new password and security questions to take effect.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7