Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot log into RBR50

CT72
Aspirant

Cannot log into RBR50

I have my new system set up, and the wifi is working wonderfully.  However, I cannot log into the router at all.  I get to the login page, but when I enter the default username & passwords "admin" & "password" all I get are errors & when I try to reset the password, I am being asked non-applicable security questions that I never chose.  Furthermore, Netgrears web support is really getting me angry.  I have entered my info probably a dozen times and I can't get to the point if getting their support phone # or start a chat.  I am about to return this thing!!!

Thanks in advance for any insight to solve this problem...

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cannot log into RBR50

Orbi systems don't use default Passwords anymore. When you set up the router, you should have walked thru the setup wizard and it will ask you to input a new admin PW. Use this PW to access the routers web page.

Message 2 of 4
CT72
Aspirant

Hi & Thank you, FURRYe38.

I recall that step & thought the password being changed was the one for the wifi network.  I cliked "don't change" & kept going.  I'll try to run setup on the app again & see what happens...

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Theres two actions in the wizard, PW input for the Admin log in account and then PW for the wifi SSID.

Keep us posted.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7