Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot login to Orbi RBR50, but WiFi network is operating

johnbday
Tutor

Cannot login to Orbi RBR50, but WiFi network is operating

RBR 50 with 5 satellites connected via wired backhaul using Negear 10G switch via Cat6A in three buildings.  System has been working fine for a couple of years, and continues to do so in the sense that the WiFi network is operational (using it now). Tried to log into router to update firmware using the Orbi IOS app; app reports "WiFi Not Detected", even though I am on the Orbi WiFi network (not the guest network) now typing this entry.  Confirmed IOS Orbi app is current.  Switched to Mac Pro desktop and tried to use Orbi logon in Safari and get "500 Internal Server Error". Most current Mac OS and browser software.  I've got about 50 smarthome devices logged into HomeKit using the WiFi network.  Any suggestions? Hopefully ones that don't require me to re-add all those devices to a new WiFi network?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you might have.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Had a full power OFF of the RBR for 30 seconds then back on been performed?

Does FireFox or Opera work to connect to 192.168.1.1 on your Mac? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Had a full power OFF of the RBR for 30 seconds then back on been performed?

Does FireFox or Opera work to connect to 192.168.1.1 on your Mac? 

Message 2 of 4
johnbday
Tutor

de-powering and re-powering RBR50 fixed it; accessible both through IOS app and browser; was able to update firmware to latest version; thanks for the advice

still puzzled by what made it happen - I actually have an battery backup for the RBR50, cable modem and switch so they should never have had an event that could have triggered this, but all's well that ends well.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7