Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot send email using WIFI

Fossil1
Aspirant

Cannot send email using WIFI

I cannot send email when using our ORBI 53 WIFI router.  Used my iPhone as a hotspot and it worked fine.  Also works when I'm on a different WIFI.  It had been sending and receiving just fine until a few day ago.  Had the same problem with a proir Netgear WIFI model.

Message 1 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Cannot send email using WIFI

Would help to know the mechanism used to send email:  Desktop? Laptop? Windows? Mac? Tablet? Phone? Wired to Orbi LAN port? WiFi to Orbi?  Which email program: Web browser? Outlook?  Gmail? etc.

Is email the only thing that fails?  (i.e. web browsers are OK, WiFi printers work OK)

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

@Fossil1 wrote:

I cannot send email when using our ORBI 53 WIFI router.  Used my iPhone as a hotspot and it worked fine.  Also works when I'm on a different WIFI.  It had been sending and receiving just fine until a few day ago.  Had the same problem with a proir Netgear WIFI model.

Message 3 of 7
Fossil1
Aspirant

We have Mac's, iphones and ipad.  Same problem on all. Everything worked fine until last week.  We can access internet, download, receive email.  Just cannot send email. 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 7
Fossil1
Aspirant

I have update the firmware to the most current version.  The wifi router is connected to the ISP modem which is and SMC that was provided by the ISP provider, Mediacom.

Message 5 of 7
Fossil1
Aspirant

We have Mac's, iphones and ipad.  Same problem on all. Everything worked fine until last week.  We can access internet, download, receive email.  Just cannot send email. 

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the  model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? 

You might contact your ISP and ask them about email settings and any email troubleshooting help with email. If you can receive email and not send, there is probably a configuration issue in email or on the device. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7