Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot setup Philips Hue

benn600
Apprentice

Cannot setup Philips Hue

I have 3 Hue bridges and I reset them today to reconfigure. For the life of me I cannot get past the push-link screen where you push the button. I have set Orbi's NAT security to open, reset the entire router, and adjusted all the wan settings several times. I tried connecting to the bridge from two different devices.

What's going on? Latest firmware issue?
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
benn600
Apprentice

It was a damaged bridge.  Bought a new one and totally fine.  All of my bulbs are up and running.  I thought I was going a litle crazy trying things and it wasn't Orbi related.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
la79
Apprentice

Why do you have 3 Hue bridges? I only have one for all my lights. How many lights do you have?
Message 2 of 5
benn600
Apprentice

I have 60-70 bulbs, 15 taps, 4 dimmers, 2 motion sensors.  The bridges are also terribly limited when you start configuring the Taps for multiple, sequential pushes.  I quickly run out of space and it doesn't tell you, it just starts overwriting configurations silently.

Regardlessy, I'm trying to get one bridge configured and one bulb set up (proof of concept) but it won't work.  I tried setting a DMZ last night as well on the bridge on a freshly factory reset Orbi with no satellites or other equipment attached and it still failed after several attempts.

Message 3 of 5
la79
Apprentice

Interesting, I have a HUE Bridge running great on my setup. However, I only have 2 bulbs.

Message 4 of 5
benn600
Apprentice

It was a damaged bridge.  Bought a new one and totally fine.  All of my bulbs are up and running.  I thought I was going a litle crazy trying things and it wasn't Orbi related.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7