Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot specify DNS servers

axemolt
Aspirant

Cannot specify DNS servers

Hello,

I am unable to specify a DNS server when selecting "Get Dynamically from ISP" option for Internet IP Address.  Please see attached screenshots showing the model/firmware and config page.

Orbi-model-firmware.png

Orbi-DNS.png

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

@axemolt wrote:

Hello,

I am unable to specify a DNS server when selecting "Get Dynamically from ISP" option for Internet IP Address.  Please see attached screenshots showing the model/firmware and config page.

The software package Netgear chose for the community forum has an unfortunate "feature" that images placed "in-line" using the Photos icon in the menu bar do not appear to other users until they are approved by a forum moderator.  Images "attached" using the Browse button in the lower left are available immediately.  I wish they would just remove the Photos icon completely.

Are Parental Controls enabled on this Orbi?  I seem to recall posts about DNS servers where the problem was Parental Controls blocking users from making this change.  If Parental Controls are turned off temporarily, the ability to specify DNS servers is restored, and then Parental Controls can be turned on again.

Or... I am having a bad morning.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
PCSP
Guide

I cannot see your pictures. 

In Orbi -> Advanced > Setup > Internet Setup > Domain Name Server (DNS) Address

Choose -> Use These DNS Servers then you can specify DNS Servers (up to 3 servers)

Ref: Orbi RBK53 Firmware v2.5.2.4

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@axemolt wrote:

Hello,

The software package Netgear chose for the community forum has an unfortunate "feature" that images placed "in-line" using the Photos icon in the menu bar do not appear to other users until they are approved by a forum moderator.  Images "attached" using the Browse button in the lower left are available immediately.  I wish they would just remove the Photos icon completely.

Are Parental Controls enabled on this Orbi?  I seem to recall posts about DNS servers where the problem was Parental Controls blocking users from making this change.  If Parental Controls are turned off temporarily, the ability to specify DNS servers is restored, and then Parental Controls can be turned on again.

Or... I am having a bad morning.

Message 3 of 4
axemolt
Aspirant

Thanks @CrimpOn that did the trick.  Appreciate it!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7