Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Canon TS8270 cannot find the router RBK50

tsest
Follower

Canon TS8270 cannot find the router RBK50

Router: RBK50

Firmware: V2.5.1.16

Canon printer: TS8270

I tried to connect the printer to router but printer didn't find the router. And then I tried to change the configuration in the router as follows:

1. After enabling the Wifi-Guest and then rebooted the router, the printer can find the router. However, reboot again, the printer can't find again.

2. Then I enable the access control and add MAC address of the printer in router, and then reboot the router. The printer can find the router. However, reboot again the router, the printer can't find again.

3. Then I disabled the Wifi-Guest and rebooted the router, the printer can find the router. However, reboot again, the printer can't find again.

I repeated the above steps again, until the printer connected to the router. So now I didn't touch and reboot the router since I am scare the printer will be disconnected again, and need to spend time to fix it. So trouble. It is observed that sometime the printer can find the router but sometime can't, which seems to be not stable. And I think every time I reboot the router, there is chance to disconnect the printer. But for sure, this is the router's problem.

Anyone can help on it? 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Re: Canon TS8270 cannot find the router RBK50

I suggest reserving an IP address for the printer on your router.  I have done this for my printer, as some computers cannot find the printer if the IP address changes on it.

To do this, login to the Web interface of the router using http://orbilogin.net/ , click on Advanced -> Setup -> LAN Setup. At the bottom of this page, below "Address Reservation", click the Add button. Then from the Address Reservation Table that is presented, tick the bullet button of your printer and click Add button. Then on the next screen click Apply button to save the changes.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Canon TS8270 cannot find the router RBK50

@tsest wrote:

Router: RBK50

Firmware: V2.5.1.16

Canon printer: TS8270

2. Then I enable the access control and add MAC address of the printer in router, and then reboot the router. The printer can find the router. However, reboot again the router, the printer can't find again.

The Canon TS8270 2.4G WiFi only supports channels 1-11.  Is there any chance that this Orbi is in a country that allows channels 12 & 13?

https://sg.canon/en/consumer/pixma-ts8270/specification?category=printing&subCategory=inkjet-printer... 

If the Orbi 2.4 channel selection is set to "Auto" and it selects 12 or 13, this printer cannot find it.

The Orbi primary SSID and Guest SSID are both on the same WiFi channel.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7