Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cant Connect to Router

IainJ
Follower

Cant Connect to Router

I have just purchased the ORBI RK23 and trying to set-up an connect.  However when using the ORBI Ap it keeps having an issue at the last stage and wont connect to the router.  It then suggests going to settings on my phone and connecting manualy.  When I do this I cant see the Orbi network that is listed on the bottom of my router (Orbi51) but am seeing a different ORBI network (Dengsrouter_Orbi) however the password wont connect to?

ANy suggestions?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

A brand new Orbi should come up with the WiFi name (SSID) and password printed on the label.

However, if this Orbi was previously purchased, set up, and then returned (for example, to Costco, Amazon, Best Buy), then it may no longer be in "factory condition."

An easy test is to get out a paperclip, unbend part of it, and stick the end into the tiny "Reset" hole next to the power LED on the back.

Hold the paperclip in the hole until the power LED turns amber, and then begins to flash.  (This can take 15-20 seconds. Be patient.)

At that point, the Orbi should have been "reset to factory", and should broadcast the SSID/password on the label.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

A brand new Orbi should come up with the WiFi name (SSID) and password printed on the label.

However, if this Orbi was previously purchased, set up, and then returned (for example, to Costco, Amazon, Best Buy), then it may no longer be in "factory condition."

An easy test is to get out a paperclip, unbend part of it, and stick the end into the tiny "Reset" hole next to the power LED on the back.

Hold the paperclip in the hole until the power LED turns amber, and then begins to flash.  (This can take 15-20 seconds. Be patient.)

At that point, the Orbi should have been "reset to factory", and should broadcast the SSID/password on the label.

Message 2 of 3

When asking for help, statements like this bit don't help a lot.

@IainJ wrote:

However when using the ORBI Ap it keeps having an issue at the last stage and wont connect to the router. 

What is that issue at the last stage?

And what are you doing when you encounter it?

Using your browser? Something else?

You have marked the question as "solved", so maybe it is fixed. If not, when you start a new question, provide as much detail as possible.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7