Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant connect to orbi rbk50. It says password not correct. How do yu reset a network password ?

Mac1303
Follower

Cant connect to orbi rbk50. It says password not correct. How do yu reset a network password ?

Orbi rbk50 router. I changed the network name and password. Now i try to connect to the network and it says password is incorrect? How the heck do you reset a network password?
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Cant connect to orbi rbk50. It says password not correct. How do yu reset a network password ?

@Mac1303 wrote:
Orbi rbk50 router. I changed the network name and password. Now i try to connect to the network and it says password is incorrect? How the heck do you reset a network password?

There are two ways to reset the WiFi password:

1. Use the Orbi administration to set the password, which depends on HOW the Orbi was set up.
    If the Orbi "app" was used to set it up, open the app, press on the Home icon (house in the upper left corner),
    then on Settings, then on WiFi Settings.
    If the Orbi web interface was used to set it up using a web browser, navigate to the Orbi
    (either "orbilogin.com" or the actual IP such as 192.168.1.1), click on "Wireless" and then type in a new password.
  2. If neither of these work, it is time to "factory reset" the Orbi by pressing something into the tiny "Reset" hole next to the power LED (end of a paperclip works well).  Hold it in until the power LED turns amber and then begins to flash amber.
    This resets the Orbi back to default setup.  The WiFi name and password are written on a label on the bottom of the Orbi.
    Anything that was done during the original setup is gone, and the setup needs to be done again.

Frustrating... Yes.  Tedious... Yes.   But not overly complicated.

Message 2 of 3

Re: Cant connect to orbi rbk50. It says password not correct. How do yu reset a network password ?

I assume, like @CrimpOn , that you are talking about the wifi password rather than the browser graphical user interface.

If not, a factory reset is the only way to get back in when the password really is forgotten.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7