Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant connect to router or orbi login ..have rebooted pc and orbi many times

buchi4061
Aspirant

Cant connect to router or orbi login ..have rebooted pc and orbi many times

HI 

I am having difficulty connecting to the orbi app and also to orbilogin. I do have internet connection but i cant download the latest firmware or do any other fucntions such as change channels on my orbi router.

I have followed all the steps in the troubleshooting but to no avail..eben as far as factory reset. I cant even acccess the router login via either IP addresses. I have ethernet cable to my pc but this doesnt work as well.

All these steps I have undertaken

If you can't access www.orbilogin.com or www.orbilogin.net, follow these troubleshooting tips:

• Make sure that your Orbi devices are plugged into an active power source. If your Orbi devices are powered on, the Power LED lights green.
  • Make sure that your client device is connected to the Orbi wireless network or to the router's LAN port. The default WiFi information is located on the product label of your Orbi router.
  • Try accessing orbilogin.net or orbilogin.com using the router's default IP address http://192.168.1.1 or http://10.0.0.1
  • If you changed your router's default IP address, enter your new IP address instead of the default IP address.
  • If you're having trouble connecting to your Orbi network through a wireless connection, try connecting an Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on your Orbi router.
  • Make sure that your modem is connected to the Internet port on your Orbi router.
  • It's possible that orbilogin.net and orbilogin.com are cached in your browser. Try accessing the links using a different browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox.
  • Try using another wireless device to connect to the Orbi router.
  • Power cycle your network devices. For more information, visit How do I power cycle my Orbi network?
  • Reset your devices to factory default settings. For more information, visit How do I reset my Orbi WiFi System to factory default settings?.

Can someone please assist 

Thanks 

Steve

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cant connect to router or orbi login ..have rebooted pc and orbi many times

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What browser are you using? Same thing happen with IE11, FF or Opera? 

What are the top ring LED colors seen? 

You might upgrade FW if you havn't then factory reset the system then setup from scratch. Disconnect the RBR from the ISP modem and use 1 wired PC. Press the back reset button for 15 seconds then release. You should be able to access the RBRs web page @ 192.168.1.1

Be sure your PCs networking is set for auto obtain IP addressing.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-2-5-1-16-Update/m-p/1897955/highlight/tru...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7